Chapter VI: Skeletons (In Your Closet)

"Oh, brother Light. May you forgive our ignorance and deceit. May we redeem ourselves and come back to the Light. May humanity come back to its senses and push itself forward not for the greater good of the present. But for the greater good of our children and generations to come. May we never unleash The Stampede those who are unworthy of your praise. Rather, we welcome them with open hearts and open minds and pray they come to the light." - The Order Archives (circa 250 ES) 

Astrid was never the sadistic type. Even though she likes to kill everything that rubs her the wrong way. She never gets pleasure out of people's suffering and pain. But this event, however, was an exception. 

After "teleporting" everyone to the ruined temple, the mortals began to hold their bellies in discomfort. Eventually, they would find a spot, and proceed to vomit the contents out like a water fountain. She giggled at the sight. Back when this temple was full of people (who were most likely cultists), the teleportation spot had its own designated vomit space. It was long, narrow metal trough meant for cows or pigs to drink water from. Eventually, the trough would fill up because of how many first time visitors used the teleportation pad for the first time.

The memory made Astrid giggle, catching your attention. 

"I never knew you were the sadistic type, Astrid." You teasingly said. She quickly shook her head and used sign language to tell you about a memory she had of this place. A small laugh escaped your lips. You walked up to her lightly pat her on the shoulder before walking towards the group of nauseated adult men and women. 

"So how does it feel like to move at the speed of light, guys?" You asked them with a smug grin on your face. 

"...Fuck you, you son of a bitch." Qrow croaked (:D) as he held his stomach for dear life. 

"What? We were what?" Winter asked as she tried to stand up, but ended up falling face first into her own puke. 

Everyone in Salem's group are too preoccupied with their nausea to even talk. Salem and Ozpin kept a good distance away from each other, both of them wore a stoic, calm look. Your mind then focused on the big double doors of the temple. The gate was designed to mirror the insignia of the great order. With one door representing the moon and one representing the sun. You tried opening the door, but it was sealed shut. You were about to kick the door open again until you pulled out the dagger and pulled up its blade. 

Since the blade looks big enough to fit in the lock. You put the dagger blade in and turned it to the right. 

The dagger-key then sent massive currents of electricity through the lock. The carvings of the door lit up and some hand different colors to represent its respected sides. The knife disintegrates to nothing, the lock clicks, and the door opens by itself to the once grand interior of the temple. The luminescent tube lights of the temple began lighting up the dark interior. Music (akin to the 40s and 50s) began to echo throughout the halls, adding an eerie atmosphere to the empty temple. A huge statue was present in the middle of the temple. 

Everyone at this point moved inside to take a look inside the temple. The temple looks to be in pretty good shape despite the events that happened centuries ago. It seems like this is one of the only places the Grimm never inhabited. As if this was a safe haven for folks from all places in Remnant. 

"Fascinating. This temple looks modern than most ruined temples across Remnant. Was this place built recently?" Watt questions himself, but it didn't fell deaf on your ears. 

"No. This place was built before The Fall. Before there was Grimm, or the Gods, or even the Titans that once roamed the land we know as Remnant." You replied.