Chapter VII: Unchained

"Oh, Brother Titans. Grace us with your presence once more. Shield us from the abominations that turn our land into fire and brimstone. Let us be the vessel of your will. Let us be your sword and shield. Let us be one with your family. For our protection lies within family." Grimm Acolyte's Testimony

The people have spoken. Unleash the beasts. 

"Warning: Releasing Subjects G-01 and G-02 will release havoc and unknown side effects upon exposure to human contact. Proceed?" 

"Yes" 

"Are you sure? You are releasing Grimm of World Ending Class. Is your choice absolutely justified?" 

"Yes" 

"Very well. Releasing Grimm subjects..."

"Subjects released. Good luck." 

Force field down. Chains unshackled. The chained beasts released after years of isolation. They are free. 

Freedom

Feeling the cold stone tiles gave their bodies that tingle that they once had whenever they faced battle. Yes. Excitement. Adrenaline. These humane feelings. They remembered why they are so hard to kill. They have a will. A will to survive. A will to live on their own accord. Yes. That's it. 

They have been given this freedom because they know their planet is in danger. 

Abominations from an other world that destroys civilizations for their own pleasure and to add more to their numbers. They are endless. They are Legion. But we will push them back to where they belong. It's time for Good and Evil to join forces once again to defeat their common enemy. 

Chaos. 

We look down and see Father, Mother, Uncle, Lady Matilda, Lady Astrid and the mortals that joined them. One of them being related to us by blood and one that were responsible for sealing us here. 

"Thank you, Father, for releasing us. We will not disappoint you again." We spoke. We look down and saw the mortals looking at us in all our glory. Clearly awed at our full appearance. 

"Unfortunately for you, mortals. You cannot leave this place with the knowledge of our existence and power. You will suffer instant Grimmification by the time we set out into the world once more. Forgive us, please." Hyperion said sorrowfully at them. 

Before they could utter a single word, they hit the ground like flies, and was rendered unconscious by cutting off their psychic connection to us. 

"They won't remember anything that happened this day. And they won't suffer Grimmification. Our sister, or niece, is already immune to the Grimmification due to her blood but her memories are still wiped." 

"Now that I can sense the world above us. Most of the mortals above ground are somehow related to Father. The Grimmification process will be greatly delayed to this, but the ones who are more closely related to Father will be completely immune to it. It is time for us to go, brother. We must attend to our duties." Cronus said to Hyperion before he summoned two giant red portals for the two of them. 

"Farewell, Father, Mother, Uncle, Lady Matilda and Lady Astrid. May we meet again on the battlefield." We both said farewell before entering the red portals, exiting the temple. 

~~~

Silence reigned supreme as the crackle from the strange well filled the silent void between the three and the twin minor goddesses. 

Ozpin sighed and started dragging his friends behind him. 

"Before you two start asking, I will leave you two alone. Me and (Y/N) will speak later regarding his family. For now, I must tend to my colleagues and run the still standing Beacon Academy. Have a good one, you guys. Especially the ones reading this." Ozpin said before snapping his fingers. Teleporting him back to who knows where. 

"Me and my sister will take our leave as well. After speaking to Ozpin, shall we discuss what to do next?" Matilda spoke shyly as she and her sister summoned their own portals. Not before she glared at Salem with obvious jealousy. The twin goddess' turned around and entered the portal.

Now you were truly alone with Salem. 

Turning back, you look up and meet the eyes of your long lover, Salem. She was not happy. Not at all. 

"I can explain-" 

Before you could continue, she slapped you square in the face, leaving you shocked and confused. She suddenly grabbed you by the shoulders and forced her lips upon yours. 

At this point, you knew what was going on and you quickly indulge on her desires by kissing back. This went on for about five minutes until you separated. Her love and lust was evident on her face. The happy tears, the pinkish hue on her cheeks, rapid breathing and beating heart. She was evident on not letting you go. 

"Please, baby. Don't let go off me. I want to be in this position for a little while longer." She said as you both hug each other tenderly and lovingly. The shuddering of her breath gave you chills down your spine. She then buries her face on your chest, muttering 'I miss you' repeatedly. 

You put a hand behind her head and started stroking her smooth skin slowly. Releasing all the tension and stress she had. 

"It's okay. Everything is all right. I'm here now." You assured her. 

This happened for about ten minutes before they sat on the stone floor. You sat with your legs crisscrossed while she leaned her head on your shoulder. The Argent Energy Well is a great fireplace, and a good source of heat. The two stared at the well in silence, thinking about the next words to say. 

"You know, back when you came out of the brush. When I was arguing with Ozpin. I was trying to deny the fact that you were alive... right in front of my eyes. Everyone was. Everyone thought that we lost you to the demonic forces back at Mt. Glenn. We thought we lost this world." Salem said as she turns to hug you like a teddy bear. 

"Everyone tried their best to fend off the demons. Men and Grimm made sure that my coffin's location was completely hidden. They sacrificed themselves in order to preserve the world's future. I don't know where I would end up if it wasn't for them. Probably back in Hell. That's why I'm here to settle things with my old archenemies." You told her. Intertwining her fingers into yours. 

"Wait... Archenemies? That means you've been-" 

"Yes, honey. I've been odds with these Demons even before I came into this world. They track me down like the dog I am, and ravaged every world I come across, or live in. This is one of the many worlds that are unlucky enough to fall victim to my cursed existence." 

Salem grew silent as you told her the true reason why the demons came. She gripped your hand harder and brought your body closer to hers. You can feel her cold body warming up as your skin presses onto hers. She then repositions herself to where she's behind you, and then leans her head against your back. 

"Salem. Can you do me a favor?" 

Salem looked at you confused, she squeezes your body tight for a moment before relaxing. 

"Of course, baby. Anything for my husband. Just tell me what you want and I'll do it for you." She said with pride and boldness. 

You purse your lips in hesitation before sighing. This is going to be tough. 

"I want you to keep what I'm about to say, a secret. A secret that you shouldn't tell to Ozpin, my wives, my children or my trusted friends. I want them to keep on fighting for the sake of this world and I don't want their my minds to be plagued with such terrible knowledge. Can you do that for me?" You look and told her with dull eyes. Salem's breath shudders and exhales. 

"Yes, I will do anything to keep it a secret. Just tell me." She said impatiently. 

You sigh. And close your eyes. 

"Salem, I'm afraid that this... this will be the last time you'll see my face again..."