First and Second Impressions

So, there I was just minding my own business drinking my grape-tastic soda on my way to my next class, when all of a sudden, I felt myself run into someone. If that was not bad enough, I ran into a pretty girl. Just when I thought that I could not have made our encounter any worse than that, my soda was instantly spilt all over her. She screamed as soon as my soda was dumped on her. 

Great! There went any and every chance I had at making a good first impression on such a pretty face. 

"Uh," I said, uncertain of how to do anything about it at that point. 

Then, bad turned to worse when my soda bottle landed right onto her head. 

Even so, I tried to make her encounter with me even a little bit more pleasant... 

"Uh, I'm Sam," I introduced myself as a place to start. 

It did not go as planned, however, since the girl just made a run for the nearest door, which just so happened to be exactly where my buddy, Will, was with his tablet camera. Then without a word, she scurried through the door and into the building. 

The following day, I had joined the welcoming committee to greet a new girl who, for one reason or another, looked strangely similar to the girl I had met just a day prior. I was ready on a dareway when she showed up. That was when I greeted her. 

"Hey, you must be the new girl," I told her. "I'm Sam. I'll show you the school." 

The new girl, however, just looked at me a little bit like she was uncomfortable. 

"Hi," she greeted me back despite the look on her face. "I'm Michelle." 

That was when I started to notice that there was something weirdly familiar about this Michelle, herself. 

"You look familiar," I said. "Have we met before?" I asked her. 

"Huh?" Michelle asked. "I don't think so." 

But there was still something that was definitely familiar about her. "I don't know why, but something about you reminds me of soda," I told her. 

"Yeah," Michelle said uncomfortably. "Sure," she added, furrowing her brows a bit. 

I, however, was more than happy to see her. "Anyway, follow me," I told her. "I'll show you around." 

"Come on, get on the dareway," I said patting on the controls to mine. 

Michelle looked at me with discomfort in her eyes, though. Then, I could see her gaze trail downward onto the dareway. "I don't think that's a good idea," she told me. 

I was wondering why she would say something like that. Wouldn't it have helped her follow me better than if she did not get on? I dared myself to look down and saw why she looked so uncomfortable when I had pointed to the dareway. 

I could suddenly see that I looked just like I was asking her to get onto my own dareway with me, except that was NOT the kind of guy I was. I had to fix this mistake. "No, no, no, no, no," I said defensively once I realized I looked like I was asking her to be on my dareway with me. Granted, she was definitely pretty, but I cannot even stand the thought of love at first sight because I do not even believe in it. I then pointed to a different dareway just next to mine. "Your dareway's over there." the other dareway, which I told Michelle was hers, was as bright pink as her own hair with sky blue embellishments. 

Michelle looked so excited about it. "Really?" she asked me. "Is that mine?" she asked further. "Thank you," Michelle said gratefully as she hopped onto her own dareway. "Let's go, then, Sam," she told me, finally calling me by name.