EIGHTEEN

ANNIVERSARY

018.
I'm right here.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Mercedes rolled over in bed, she didn't want to leave. She didn't even want to move. But she had a day filled with meet and greets as well as interviews and panels. She just wasn't ready for it.

She scrolled through her phone and all over the news was Lexus, the girl that went missing ten years ago today. She let out a heavy sigh and clicked on a link, which was asking what happened to the girl and where she was now.

Mercedes wanted to know if they had found out who she was. If they knew that she used to be Lexus. Thankfully for her, it didn't seem as if they hadn't put two and two together yet, so they still didn't know.

The girl wanted to keep it that way. She wanted to keep the past in her past and a secret.

"Hey sweetie." Fleur walked in with a sympathetic smile. "How you feeling?" The blonde sat on the edge of the bed and placed her hand over Mercedes'. The brunette quickly locked her phone and let out a deep sigh.

"I don't want to get up, Fleur." Muttered Mercedes, her voice cracking as she did so.

"I know." The girl hated seeing her best friend like this, but she understood why. "Seb's asking for you. He text me this morning to see if you wanted to go with him to get coffee since you weren't answering your phone."

Mercedes rolled over to see her best friend. The girl had a small smile on her face, which Mercedes found reassuring. She knew that she would have to get up at some point and face the day, like she did every year. After all, she didn't want to disappoint the fans that supported her.

"I don't think I want a coffee today Fleur, can you just tell him and Anthony to meet us at the interview."

"Okay, I'll leave you to get dressed." Fleur announced as she left the room.

Mercedes let out a long sigh as she slowly dragged herself out of bed. She searched through the wardrobe and pulled out a yellow oversized jumper, which was actually Cruz's. She pulled it on, along with Sebastian's leather jacket.

She really didn't want to do this today, but she knew that she would have to. She knew that if she didn't go, she would disappoint the people who support her the most.

"You ready?" Fleur questioned as she knocked on the girls bedroom door. Mercedes hummed in response as she pulled on her black knee high boots.

The two girls made their way to the interview and Fleur smiled once she saw Sebastian and Anthony waiting for them.

Mercedes didn't say anything once they all met up, which Sebastian found strange. He went to make his way over to her, but Fleur shook her head. Silently telling him to let her have some space.

He didn't want to ignore the girl, it looked as if she needed a hug. His eyes flickered to Mercedes and shook his head. He was going to give her a hug.

"Hey, princess." Sebastian whispered as he went to stand beside the girl. "You look like you could do with a hug." Mercedes nodded. "Can I give you one?"

He knew that she might not want a hug, so he thought it was better to ask first incase she didn't want a hug. The girl didn't say anything, instead she wrapped her arms around Sebastian's torso and buried her head into his chest.

Sebastian's hand cupped the back of her head as he held her tightly. He didn't know what was wrong but it was obvious that something was bugging her.

Mercedes held onto the back of his shirt so tightly that her knuckles turned white. She never wanted to let go of him. He brought her so much safety.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He whispered softly. Instead of replying, the girl held onto him even tighter, if that was even possible.

Sebastian looked between Anthony and Fleur, wondering if they knew. It was obvious that Fleur knew as she offered him a small smile. Unlike Anthony, who just shrugged and pulled a confused face.

His hand gripped the small of the girls back and pulled her into his chest. He felt the girl let go of a heavy sigh into his chest.

The Wandavision interview was just finishing up. Paul and Elizabeth had just arrived at Comic Con for the rest of the week. Sebastian made a mental note to arrange an evening where they all met up as it had been a while since he last saw the pair.

Sebastian pressed his lips to the girls head, causing her to let out a heart broken chuckle.

"Is she okay?" Anthony questioned Fleur in a hushed whisper, his hand resting on the small of her back.

"She will be." Fleur nodded as she looked at Sebastian holding her best friend tightly.

She was surprised that Mercedes allowed Sebastian to hold her, normally she liked her space today, which was why Fleur was very gentle with her.

Mercedes pulled away from Sebastian as she heard the Wandavison interview coming to a close. Her brown eyes flickered up to Sebastian, who brought his hand up to cup her face and ran his thumb along her cheek. He allowed his thumb to twang down on her bottom lip, making the girl crack a small smile.

He leant down and pressed his lips against her forehead, before linking his hand with hers and whispering,

"I'm right here." He paused. "I'm not leaving."

"Welcoming to the stage next, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Fleur Dawson and Mercedes."