FORTY SEVEN

DINNER

047.
This won't be happening again.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Mercedes lead Sebastian towards the table that her parents and siblings were currently sat at. Her father had booked a table at one of the most prestigious restaurants in all of New York.

Sebastian held the girls hand tightly, he had met her family before but the circumstances were very different. They thought that Mercedes had been taken and everyone was stressed and panicked.

To say that he was anxious would have been an understatement. Both of them were nervous. Mercedes never brought her boyfriends to meet her parents, because she knew exactly what they were like.

Sebastian knew that he didn't exactly make the best first impression with her parents, after all he did practically make out with her right in front of them.

"Mamá, Papá." Mercedes looked between them both before looking up at Sebastian with a smile. "This is Sebastian."

Sebastian unlinked his hand from Mercedes to shake Lucía and Julián's hands. The pair looked between one another and Sebastian's hand. Mercedes shot them both a warning look.

Julián leant forward to shake the man's hand before watching him and Mercedes sit down. Sebastian almost instantly linked his hand with Mercedes under the table, desperatly seeking her comfort under her parents almost deathly glares.

"So, why?" Lucía questioned motioning to the pair. "You two can't seriously see this thing working can you?"

Cruz almost choked on his water at this mothers question. Everyone saw how good Mercedes and Sebastian would be for one another. They both made eachother incredibly happy. He swore that he'd never seen his sister with a brighter smile on her face unless Sebastian was by her side.

"Mamá, what the actual-"

"Watch your tone with me, young lady." Lucía snapped as she pointed towards Mercedes with a warning glare. "I am simply worried about your future, I mean this man is ten years older than you, you're getting older yourself, mi hija, don't you still want to be a mom?"

Mercedes scoffed, it was typcial of her mother to question everything about her, if she wanted to be a mom or not, if she was dating the right person.

Sometimes it felt as if her life wasn't even her own. She needed to make mistakes, she needed to figure her life out for herself.

"And I can still do all of that, with Sebastian, if and when we choose." Mercedes gave Sebastian's hand a light squeeze, she could tell from the way that he shifted in his seat that he was uncomfortable. "God, do you even care that I am happy? I'm the happiest that I have ever been right now and youre trying to strip that away from me. What kind of mot-"

"Lou." Bentley cut in before Mercedes could finish her sentence. "Of course Mamá is happy for you, we all are." Bentley sent a warning glare to his mother, silently telling her that she was taking it too far.

Sebastian anxious cleared his throat and wiped his sweaty palms on his pants, he'd never felt more embarrassed for being himself in his life. All he wanted was for Mercedes' family to like him and support their new relationship.

It was a relationship that was long overdue, they had kept missing one another for years now. Now it was their turn to be happy with each other.

The dinner was eaten in silence, there were a few odd looks shared and Astra asking for the gravy, but other than that, nobody uttered a word.

Once Mercedes and Sebastian were done, she pushed her plates into the centre of the table and abruptly stood up saying,

"Dinner was wonderful, this won't be happening again. Seb, we're leaving."

The man looked between the Coleman siblings and Mercedes' parents before standing up beside the girl and allowing her to lead him out of the resturant. Once outside, Mercedes pulled him to a stop and gave him an apologetic look. She hated that the dinner didn't go well.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, looking up at the man through her lashes. Sebastian smiled down at the girl, cupping her face within his large hands and leaning down to connect their lips.

He didn't care that he didn't gain her parents approval or that her mother judged him. All he cared about was Mercedes and her happiness.

Their lips moved in perfect sync, his tongue running over her bottom lip as her fingers tugged at the end of his ahir, desperately wanting him closer. He was her whole world, she had missed out on enough already, not being able to be with him.

Now, it was her turn to finally be happy. After all, it was the least she deserved.