THIRTY FIVE

MISTAKE

035.
Where are you, princess?

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

It had been a week since the disappearance of Mercedes. The Coleman's were trying to keep it out of the News as much as they could and so far it had worked.

Sebastian hadn't left the girls house since. He had been staying in the guest room, whilst Fleur was staying in Mercedes' room.

The atmosphere in the house was tense and nobody had fully explained to Sebastian about Mercedes, which frustrated him. Every night he called the girl but was met with her voicemail.

He made sure to leave her a message, just on the off chance that she was ignoring his calls and that she was safe.

"Officer, have you found anything new about my daughter?" Julián questioned.

He looked awful, over the past week he hadn't slept a wink, causing huge bags under his eyes. He looked drained and almost lifeless.

"We're doing everything we can sir, I have the best men on the job. But it would be easier if we were able to talk about Lexus on the news-"

"Don't you mean Mercedes?" Sebastian cut in. He didn't mean too, it was just natural for him correct someone if they got someone else's name wrong.

The officer looked between the parents and Sebastian confused. He furrowed his brows and looked down at his note book again.

"It says Lexus here." He confirmed.

Cruz noticed the confused look on Sebastian's face and placed a hand on his shoulder. They needed to explain to him that Mercedes was actually Lexus.

"I think we need to talk." Sebastian nodded and followed Cruz into Mercedes room. It was the first time he had been in her room and it wasn't like anything he was expecting.

She had white walls and a variety of different paintings hanging on all of the walls. She had a huge mirror and a vanity table, surrounding it was photos with different fans.

His eyes continued to glance across the room, he smiled once he saw the photos of them from comic con or the sets of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier or Silver and Black.

"Isn't Lexus the girl who went missing eighteen years ago?" Sebastian blurted out. "Why did your parents not correct the officer."

"Sebastian." Cruz let out a heavy sigh. "Mercedes is Lexus."

Sebastian felt as if his whole world came crashing down. He slowly took a seat on the girls bed. His head was spinning. He could barely even think straight.

Everything was beginning to make sense. It was the reason that she walked off stage when Lexus was mentioned. It's why she constantly felt anxious in crowds.

"Are you okay?" Cruz questioned Sebastian, who's face seemed to have drained of all its colour.

"I think I want to be alone." Sebastian announced.

Cruz nodded understandingly. Sebastian would need some time to process what he had just been told. It wasn't as if it was an every day conversation.

Once alone, Sebastian allows himself to let a tear roll down his cheek. He had read the articles about Lexus after the girl mentioned her at comic con.

The things she went through-

-the things Mercedes went through. He couldn't wrap his head around it. She was so strong. He knew for a fact if something like that had have happened to him, he wouldn't have been able to cope.

Sebastian stood up and slowly walked around the girls room. His fingers tracing over every item. Wondering what was the last thing she touched. What was the last thing she did.

He felt sick. All he could think about was her going through the same events that happened when she was a child. He didn't want her to go through that again. He didn't want her to ever be hurt again.

Sebastian stopped once he saw the framed photo of them. She was looking up to him, almost lovingly and he was smiling straight at the camera.

Her eyes seemed to sparkle in the photo and her smile was twice as wide as it usually was. It made him happy to see. She deserved to be happy.

"Where are you, princess?" He whispered, placing his hands on the chair, to steady him.

He noticed one of his tops hung on the chair and he couldn't help but grab the top and bring it up to his nose, taking in her familiar scent.

"Come home." His voice broke as he spoke.

He wanted to do desperately hold her in his arms and beg her to never leave them again. He wanted to tell her that she was his world and he would do any thing to protect her. He wanted to kiss her until he couldn't breathe because she was his reason for living. She was his reason for being happy.

"Please, just come home."