five

m i n u t e f i v e

Sage's POV

I swirled my straw in my milkshake before dipping my fries into it and eating - and I don't care what the idiot sat in front of me had to say about it - it's delicious.

"You are so disgusting," he said as he shook his head pulling faces.

"I knew you were gonna start this listen -" I was cut off with him throwing a fry in my face, what a waste.

I rolled my eyes at him, throwing one back, as he laughed at me but turned my face to the side because I didn't want him to see that I was smiling.

His laughter died down and I looked up only to find him smiling looking at me, both his dimples present, he's so fucking pretty.

I swear I'm so in love with this boy.

I tried to trick my heart into thinking that we'd fallen out of love with him and that we could find it in ourselves to love another but I knew that I was lying; he was it for me.

My love for him was so much deeper than words could describe, so much so that he didn't need to love me back for it to be true.

"You're so beautiful,"

I shook my head looking away from him, I hated compliments.

"You are ,"

This was our dance, he laughed at me I scowled and then laughed with him, he complimented me and I denied it only for him to tell me again.

Our dance. And I'd be lying if I didn't love it.

"Come here,"

Don't have to tell me twice.

I crawled back under the table and leaned against his chest whilst he wrapped his arms around me resting one hand on my thigh.

"Why did you crawl under the table?" He questioned.

"Why not," I shrugged.

He flicked the side of my head, "You're so weird,"

I elbowed his stomach, "Please you know you love it,"

"I do," he whispered absentmindedly, it was so quiet that I almost missed it, almost.

But I'm so glad I didn't.

He loves me back. He loves me. He may not have said it directly and he may not have meant it but I'm okay with it, I'd take even a fraction of his love.

As long as it was his.