six

m i n u t e   s i x

River's POV

I listened as she told me about her family and how everyone was doing, I was currently on a few people's hit lists, especially her best friend's.

Listening to her ramble on about how everyone was made me realise how much I'd missed out on, not just of her life but her in general. She'd grown so much as a person and I wasn't apart of it, she'd moved on without me. She may love me but she definitely doesn't need me.

I felt a continuous tapping on my chest, I looked down at her and she just smiled up at me.

Fucking adorable.

"Hi,"

A smile grew on my face before I could stop it, "Hi darling,"

"Were you even listening to me,"

"Of course,"

"Really," she drew out, "then what did I say?"

"That I was the most handsome person you've ever met, you can't get enough of me and how you want me to -"

She slapped her hand over my mouth as I started laughing, "Actually, I asked how your grandma was doing so clearly you weren't listening,"

"Well, she's doing great, she misses you though," she smiled at this, "when she found out I left without telling you I got a slipper to the face,"

She tried to stop it but full blown whale laugh left her lips and I shook my head before laughing with her as a few heads turned our way, that's my girl.

"I'm pretty sure she loves you more than me,"

"I love her more than you," she joked, well I hope she was joking.

"You better be joking,"

She turned around and looked at me, "yeah sure I'm joking,"

"I can smell the sarcasm,"

"Well then I'm glad to see that your nose still works,"

I tickled her sides as she jumped away so quickly, still ticklish. I smiled before I looked up and saw her glaring at me.

"That's not funny you know I hate being tickled," but I saw the corners of her mouth turn upwards slightly as she folded her hands.

"Really," I tilted my head to the side, "must have slipped my mind."

She just rolled her eyes at me.

As her hair flowed slightly to the side I saw the necklace that I gave her sat around her neck, she tied her hair back before noticing me staring, a small blush grew on her face as she smiled at me.

"You kept that," she looked down at the necklace and shrugged her shoulders.

"It was a nice necklace," she defended as she turned away from me but when she looked back at me her eyes told a whole different story.

"Plus you kept you're ring," she pointed out as she looked at my chain with her ring hanging off it.

"Damn right I did,"