Imperial Glory

"Welcome to Italica friends!" Pina opened the gate with her man strength. She gave a look as if the grim reaper was there. The three men looked at each other. Callahan tripped on himself moving away from the gate.

"Are you alright sir." Tullin asked with a snarky but sincere tone.

"Yeah I'm alright." He stood himself back up and looked back to the Princess

"Are you In charge?" He looked at the female warrior with the counter productive armor on.

"Yes. I am so sorry for that incident, it was completely my fault, forgive me."

"Why are you wearing that?" Callahan asked

Pina blushed and before she could speak

Hamilton jumped in front of Pina, her voice booming with authority. "You stand before Princess Pina Co Lada. Show some respect Commoner before you speak, she is the daughter of Emperor of Sol Augustus'."

They looked at each other and laughed "There is only one Emperor, your father is a false prophet Princess." 

She blushed even more, no one had ever challenged her legitimacy even though her birth wasn't of the Noblest of origins. Some of the Knights accompanying her were offended as well, having disrespecting their Captain.

"We saw black smoke on the horizon and came here on our way to your humble city." Tullin stated the obvious.

"We are in the middle of a Siege." Pina said with shame

"A siege? Well we are with the 45th Siege regiment." Callahan said jokingly.

Princess took a heavy sigh, the strange dressed men could be of some use. Even if they were apart of an enemy army. The situation was precarious. She could use these enemy soldiers as fodder.

"Very well, you and your men will take the South Wall." She and her Entourage walked away to attend to matters elsewhere

"Tullin, bring everyone in." He nodded

"Fall in inside the walls, we have a job to do." 

The Kriegsmen slipped into two teams, with the Leman Russ and a few squads on standby. The others setting up on the South wall incase of an attack. Callahan finally decided it was time to move out and take the fight to the enemy when nightfall came, and he heard fighting coming from the other wall.

---

The deserters brought out some of the capture militia men, they executed them In front of their comrades behind wooden barricades tied together as a makeshift rampart. Princess Pina was sweating bullets, the city was about to fall she knew it. But then all of a sudden before anyone could even think about pushing through the barricades. Callahan and a few guardsmen slipped through the crowd moving through the Barricade. 

Callahan tipped his Officer cap. Drew his Chainsword and Bolt Pistol. He shot the deserter holding one of the the captured milita men. The other guardsmen followed sue and shot the others that made it inside the gate, bringing the gift of death to the heathens. He thought for a minute, he was debating tactics. He didn't want the pysker outside the wall to destroy the tank.

"Ehh fuck it, tell them to bring in the rest of the guys." Callahan ordered a Vox Operator.

He nodded and yelled into the Vox receiver. A few minutes later Squads of Kriegsmen moved onto the wall, setting up Stubbers, heavy bolters, Lasguns and all types of weaponry that could kill better than anything this world had to offer, then the Leman Russ and another five squads came moving in from the steps that led to a large mansion. 

"Yeah, start killing." Callahan said calmly.

The Leman Russ and its accompanying infantry rushed through the gate unleashing quick death upon the bandits. The leman already looking like a ballerina on the battlefield, the Bolters were basically covering every flank of it, with the Guardsmen following it from behind preventing any flanking. The Guardsmen standing on the wall began firing at the bandits especially the Mage that could damage the Leman Russ. I took a few Bolter rounds before she finally went down. Meanwhile Callahan and his two squads went up to Princess Pina, he wanted her perspective.

He reached the top of the wall, Pina and basically everyone was staring at the carnage. "Amazing isn't it?" Pina looked at Callahan with tears in her eyes

"Such power, It's amazing. Its enough to break the back of the Empire."

"Well you and me are going to have a talk after this, We need to discuss. Italica." Callahan stated coldly.

What could he possibly want. She thought. She would have to give into his demands no matter what they were. The armies of the Empire who were well trained couldn't even take them in open combat, much less farmers and old knights. She finally came back to the real world.

"OH, yeah of course." She said trying to maintain a semblance of her Composure.

"Sir command would like to speak with you, regarding reinforcements heading to Italica, A battalions' worth of men." Tullin said

Callahan sighed, what could command want. He was hoping his orders were to just occupy Italica. An easy assignment. He put his ear up to the receiver. "Lieutenant, your new orders will arrive with 12th Battalion. I'm sure you will find some way to make them work. We also threw in a surprise as well. Good luck, Command out!" He tapped his foot to this realization.

"New orders are coming soon with the 12th Battalion. Should be interesting I guess."

The kriegsmen and Milita began cheering. The Company had single handedly carried the day with the might of the Emperor. Without suffering a single death. Only a injury from a stray arrow. To easy, it was like a turkey shoot. The assignment was boring. Most of the Kriegsmen wanted more action than this, some even wanted to die for the Emperor. But this Enemy was to weak to die to, it would literally bring shame to die to the enemy. The  guardsmen were leading captured bandits and deserters towards a wall, the Sergeant Major was walking down the line shooting each tied up deserter in the head. They didn't care or need prisoners. Though they could use them to dig graves and clean the streets.