Breakthrough

Callahan looked over the mountains overlooking Rondel. Absolutely stunning, they were so large and majestic. Everything was absolutely perfect, a peaceful city, overlooking a gorgeous lake, with a big mountain with a snowy peak overlooking the land. He shed a tear under his mask. Tightened his fists and gritted his teeth.

"For the Emperor." He whispered to himself.

"For the Emperor."

The battalion had set up outside Rondel. Callahan had a few thousand men at his disposal, he pondered how he was going to deal with a city of mages that could destroy his tanks. Maybe use basilisk to bombard the city. Yes... that would work, they could use the weird protection magic for the few shells but once a few hundred shells the city would be all but helpless. To easy. A loud shriek was heard in the air. What was this, Callahan didn't order any bombardment to begin. He looked around and seen a blacked out Flier landing in a field next to the camp, it was blacked out other than the white the large white Aquila on the side of the craft. Out stepped what looked like a Inquisitor, the all to familiar rossete dangling around her neck. A trench coat and hat hiding her from the sun. She looked like trouble incarnate. A walking shadow of death.

She darted around the Camp, Callahan watched intently on her destination. A few of his men pointed towards him, she looked towards the hill Callahan was standing on. He gave an awkward wave back. She began walking towards him instead of away, but Callahan was innocent. Wait wasn't the motto of the Inquisition 'innocence's proves nothing' 

"Are you Major Callahan?" 

Callahan was lost in thought, to notice she had walked right on him

"Yes." A simple answer echoed from his gasmask

"I am interrogator Dane, of the Ordo Hereticus."

"Nice to meet you ma'am, What can the 14th Battalion do for you?"

"Straight to business I like that in a person. Well Major, I am of need of your services. By the looks of it your in position to bombard the city."

"How did you-."

"I was apart of the Imperial Guard before, we would have done the same thing."

A brief moment of silence followed.

"Well, my boss has assets in this city. So Im going to need your Battalion to extract said assets. Once that is out of the way you can bombard the city." She broke the silence

"Where is it, when is it, and what is it?" Callahan asked.

"It is the Academy Research District a small house with goats blood on the side of the doors, It can only be there for tonight, so we have to go as soon as possible." Dane replied

"Got it, why the blood if you don't mind me asking?" He asked curiously

"I honestly do not know but, just get the job done, is that all the information you need?"

"That should do ma'am I will get it. No matter the cost."

"Good." She said beginning to walk away towards the flyer.

Callahan turned and began walking towards his command tent. He summoned Captain Mcknight of the 1st Company, the Company he previously commanded. She was the only female in the entire Battalion. She was noted as sucidal to the point of making the Kriegsmen look sane in comparison. Giving her command of Callahan's own wasn't his decision it was Miller, and it grinded his gears. He would get all the men he knew killed.

"Mcknight, Im taking command of the 1st Company for a top secret operation. I need you to uhh, umm do some after action reports on us releasing that Princess. Assemble your men."

"Yes sir, for the Emperor sir." She saluted the Aquilla, prompting every Officer in the Command tent to salute the Aquilla. She left running to hastily assemble the 1st Company. 

Callahan could go one of two ways. Go in guns blazing or take a more stealthy approach. He chose to combine them. He smiled and walked outside to the 1st Company assembled in sloppy lines, though he didn't care.

"Alright Jenkins, your squad is going to scale the wall of the eastern gatehouse. Tonight we are breaking into the city to grab a package in the Magical Research District. Then we get the hell out of dodge. If this goes well we could move a company through a city without no one knowing a thing. Jenkins go ahead and get ready and be sure to silence your weapons. Lets get this show on the road."

Night creeped in like a barrage but with lack of explosions and loud booms of light. Jenkins and the sixteen men he had with him, crawled up a few hundred feet as to not be seen. Some of the men further then others. The rest hunkered close to the wall so the watchmen didn't see them while the last two kriegsmen silently crawled. But all of a sudden, an Illumination of light came from a wooden staff. A mage illuminated the area, the Two kriegsmen froze like a deer in headlights. The mage and a few archers began to start sudden movements as to attack. But were interrupted with a large explosion and deafening sound following. The rest of the Company decided to fire a trail feather. This was it, do or die. They were going to have to haul ass to the magical research district otherwise they would get bogged down in mages.

The guardsmen hunkered to the wall were thrown around through out the field. They were in shock, but not injured after a few seconds they got up and rushed the gate and shot a few survivors that had made it through the explosion. The rest of the Company followed suit. This was it do or die.

"THIS IS IT, FOR THE EMPEROR RUSH THE OBJECTIVE. GO GO GO." Callahan shouted.

A few NCOs of the Company started shouting orders to keep the kriegsmen from becoming a mere mob. The Leman Russ, began rushing with a few kriegsmen on the back. The company entered the gate of Rondel in a matter of minutes. Civilians were coming out of their house to be shot. The alarm hadn't been raised yet. They had precious few minutes to get ground. Jenkins leading the way.

"C'mon lads only a few more blocks to go!" Jenkins shouted to his men. A ball of fire whizzing by his face, the temperature of a thousand suns. The fireball didn't miss however multiple Kriegsmen dodged it with ease. With some not paying attention or quick enough being burned alive or maimed. The Fireball hit the Leman Russ like a tank. The remaining Kriegsmen hit the dirt or ran for the alleyways for cover. Luckily the Leman Russ track was the only thing damaged however it immobilized the tank. 

"Leave us, get to the Objective." The Tank commander shouted towards the Company, he seemed content making his final stand here. The turret of the Leman Russ finally fired. Shredding through the mages barrier they had erected with their magic. Leaving only the small bits of mage left. 

The rest of the Company took this opportunity to arrive in the Cabin. Militia came out to face the Kriegsmen, Callahan was popping shots off with his Bolt pistol; hacking and slashing with his Chains word. Only a few more yards left to go to the objective. A mage began to cast a spell and Callahan was right in his way. He wouldn't be able to dodge this one. Aurelius plunged his Bayonet into the Mages throat twisting and slamming his forehead with the stock of his Lasgun. He waved the rest of the Company foward. 

The Kriegsmen began to make a perimeter around the house, they were taking losses. More than expected but it was all worth it to keep the Inquisition off the back of the Battalion and more importantly the regiment. Aurelius didn't even bother sticking to protocol of breach and clear he just kicked in the blood stained door, revealing a large wooden crate stamped with the Ordo Hereticus seal.

"What?"

Authors note; Chapter 139 got me tore up man, but I'm happy with the bittersweet ending, Anyways be sure to drop a follow, favorite, comment and grammar mistakes in the comments. Have a nice day.