Vendetta to come

"My lady, you have a letter from our... benefactors." Hamilton whispers to Pina.

Pina's eyes opened reluctantly her messy hair flowing everywhere on the bed. It took her a minute to register what was going on. Everything seemed so foreign to her. The fate of the Empire rested on her shoulders. Whether it would be a shadow of its former self, or completely destroyed depended on the actions of her.

"What does it say Hamilton?" Pina asked.

"See for yourself your majesty, it says your eyes only." Hamilton handed the letter to Pina.

Pina opened the letter with her hands feeling all of the texture on the paper. Her sense of touch felt heightened. Breaking the Ordo Hereticus Inquisition seal. She carefully unfolded the letter, and began reading it.

'Dear Pina, I am Inquisitor Dane formerly Interrogator. I have now become the lead Inquisitor of the newly dubbed 'special region.' The fate of your kingdom rests on the decisions of you. I'm glad Major Callahan gave me a hook in the Imperial court. You can thank him for saving you. Now down to business. Major Callahan is soon to be promoted. He will have command of a large brigade. You are to convince your father to parlay with Callahan. Both of us know he wont surrender unless he sees how hopeless the situation is, I also know you have a few Krieg Natives captured. You are to make sure your father kills them in front of Callahan. I wish you luck Princess. Sincerely, Dane.'

Pina sighed. Laying down on her bed. The stress of being caught in the middle was killing her head. She handed the letter to Hamilton. She thought she knew what to do with it, but she puzzlingly looked at her.

"Burn it Hamilton." Pina commanded

Hamilton nodded, burning it over a candle. Keeping the letter was to risky especially with Zorzal returning from his conquest of the Warrior Bunnies. He was arrogant in thinking he could defeat the Kriegmen. One of their best commanders King Duran had died trying to defeat them. Pina sighed again she was playing all the ways this could play out in her head.

---

Bellnahgo had been quiet the last few weeks

Bellnahgo had been quiet the last few weeks. Other than the constant marching of Guardsmen, Refugees, and roaring of vehicles. Oddly enough new orders had arrived from directly Dane herself. Callahan thought it was odd that more replacements were coming in. But then came the letter. Ordering him to lay siege on the Imperial Capital, and giving him a field Promotion to Lieutenant Colonel giving him command to a brigade. His Four thousand soldiers becoming. Ten Thousand. nearly half of the regiment. 

The long march to the Imperial Captial began. They chose to take the roads. Razing villages along the way. Lieutenant Grant of the 2nd Platoon, 14th Company was sent to a village on the northern fringe of Telta.

Newly appointed 2nd Lieutenant Gret was the first into the village. Everyone was locking themselves inside their homes. This was normal as the word of Imperial Guard kidnapping villagers was being spread through out the land. A small flag bearing the city of Rondel's coat of arms was flying on the town hall. 

"Round everyone up Master Sergeant. Gather them all in the townhall." Gret commanded.

The Master Sergeant nodded, he began ordering and directing squads of men to each house. They waited for the command for Gret to begin breaching and clearing. Gret raised his right hand and dropped it suddenly giving the signal to begin. The doors of each of the houses and businesses boomed open from breach charges. Guardsmen began dragging out Women, Children, and men without discrimination. But Gret noted something odd. All of them had pointy ears, or were completely different race. 

It was a matter of minutes until all of the Xeno's were rounded up. Now came the dreaded decision. Well at least for the Xeno's. Two lines of Kriegsmen were standing at the entrance to the building. The first line knelt.

"Make ready!" Gret shouted.

The Kriegsmen unsligned their Lasguns from there shoulders. The panic in the Townhall was minimal they only thought they were going to be abducted and sent to work camps.

"Present!" Gret shouted.

The Kriegsmen Lasguns were pointed at everyone in the building now. Panic was growing higher as they kept pointing the lasguns at the villagers. But all of a sudden, the Kriegsmen blocking the door were blown back. 

"A pysker?!?" Gret began to panic.

The villagers began to flee once they saw the opening. Bolter fire from atop of a Rhino began spraying down as many villagers as it could. Once the Gret got a hold of the situation he ordered the infantry to open fire as well. Out from the town hall ran Akylar. He was using some sort of agility spell to run. He was going so fast that he passed some of the villagers. Grets face turned red with rage. He grabbed a vox on the back of the Rhino.

"Death Riders! Pursue the pysker he cannot be allowed to get away. Kill him NOW!" Gret shouted into the vox.

A small detail of Death Riders thundered by the Infantry and Rhino. Most of the villagers were dead or wounded. The death riders mopped up what was left between Gret and Akylar. The distance between Akylar and the Deathriders was dangerously low. Akylar didn't know how much longer he could run. The lance of a Deathrider swung by him narrowly missing. Akylar used an earthquake spell immediately in response to throw the riders of their horses.

Before he knew it, he had gotten away. But he kept running. Out of fear he was scared for his life. He had narrowly escaped death. But he made Gret look like a fool to his men. They thought he was incompetent. Akylar didn't know it yet but Gret vowed he would kill him. 

---

Tullin walked into Callahan's office in Bellnahgo

Tullin walked into Callahan's office in Bellnahgo. The office was nice compared to the rest of the city. Whoever the lord of Bellnahgo had good taste in all things architecture. Tullin stood at attention and saluted. 

"At ease." Callahan told him simply.

"Sir, we are to proceed to the Imperial Capital and you have recieved a field promotion to Lieutenant Colonel." Tullin said.

Callahan looked up from his paperwork of the dozens of new companies he had received. Enough to make another Battalion. 

"So that's why we have recieved so many new Companies of Guard. I guess the War in the south is starting to wind down. Elbe villages have been raised and the final battle for the capital must be going down." Callahan explained.

This went over the head of Tullin who simply nodded. He didn't understand half of the tactics and strategies that Callahan used. He simply preferred to make things up as they go as any good NCO does.

"Very well Tullin. Send orders on Box that all Commissioned officers are to be ready at dusk. We are marching through the night to the Imperial Capital. I expect every uniform and piece of equipment to be spick and spam. We are in for a glorious final battle."

"Yes Lieutenant Colonel!" Tullin left the room hastily to do his task that he was assigned.