Rage

Earth splitting apart

Earth splitting apart. The sound itself made a signature crunch. It was distinct the sound was becoming familiar to villages around it. Many men of these villages were taken for manual labor by Kriegsmen. The first emissions of engines were at first small. But now in a matter of years Falmart would be covered in a black smog. Hundreds of workers began their descent into the adamantium mine. 

The fireteam had made a quick stop at a local FOB positioned on a hilltop overlooking the mine. They watched as some of the workers were beat until they would go work. The fireteam itself were resupplying. They had found another lead onto the location of Apollyon. A few fly overs by Imperium Air assets were becoming more and more frequent. They were getting more intel faster and better. Even a few Imperial Navy Marauders were flying bombing runs in heavily forested regions. 

Dylan was grabbing things from the Quartermaster. It was mostly food, water and ammunition but he had procured some local currency just in case. A few Kriegsmen looked at them with jealousy in their hearts. They wanted to be the ones out fighting, but they were stuck guarding a bunch of penal laborers.

"Will that be all Sergeant?" The quartermaster asked behind his desk separated with railing.

"Yes, thank you quartermaster." Dylan stated.

Dylan nodded to him before leaving back to his squad. Their feet were sore but they had a few miles left to go. Fel, O-Seven and Flare followed Dylans lead. Marching out the electrified fence with a checkpoint controlling all entry into the FOB and the Mining camp. 

The sun was setting by the time the fireteam had arrived at their destination. They were surprised to find Apollyon sitting on a hill. The fireteam began to stealthily surround her. Maybe she didn't know they were their? No matter. They had a mission and they must complete it. Dylan gave a signal for everyone to start advancing slowly.

"Ahh my favorite war criminals. How are you doing this fine evening." Apollyon blurted out.

The Kriegsmen remained silent. Waiting for Dylans response but no response came. The ominous figures began slowly approaching her. Bayonets fixed to their Lasguns.

"Im gonna fight for whats right, Im gonna fight for the weak, Even if it kills me tonight." Apollyon whispered.

Four Kriegsmen began charging in a up hill form. Their bayonets thirsting for blood. Las pierced the dark surroundings. Apollyon leaped what seemed the size to a small spire. She hit the ground, some bits of Earth jumped from the impact. Flare began chuckling while he slung his lasgun

"Take this you bitch." Flare said enthusiastically.

He unholstered a grenade launcher and began launching frag grenades in Apollyon's general direction. She kicked a few back. The shrapnel being absorbed by the Kriegsmen armor. O-Seven grunted as she dodged every well placed Las he shot at her. Fel began to charge with his bayonet. Letting out a mighty scream. But before he knew it his life as insignificant as it was flashed before his life. Apollyon's rope dart entered his throat. The small battlefield went quiet for a minute. But a scream from Flare heard.

"Ill fucking kill you heretic, I will. You are going to pay for that!" Flare screamed.

Flare began launching multiple volleys of grenades at her. But it was in vein as she was already gone. Swiftly making her retreat before one of the Kriegsmen got lucky. Fel was starting to feel humanity. Ironic wasn't it. The only time he felt human was on the verge of dying. Screams of his comrades telling him to stay awake were slowly being drowned out by the ringing in his ear. He began walking towards the bright golden light. It was comforting in a weird way. He guess he was heading home.

"Fuck, fuck. Were losing him. Flare put a red flare up. Were gonna try and save him."

"Sir." Flare said with despair.

"I can't lose another man. I already let my platoon down. Damn it all."

"Sir!" Flare shouted, making Dylan go silent.

"He is gone. Their is nothing we can do." Flare said.

O-Seven put his hands together in a praying motion. He was moving his hand motions in a way that resembled that of an old guardsmen litany. Dylan took of Fel's gasmask. He was so young, he only had a few scars on him. Atleast he had friends to mourn with. Many kriegsmen. No guard regiments were wiped out before they had the time to greave. 

"Flare, O-Seven. Lets get to digging." Dylan said.

The small fireteam began unfurling their entrenching tools. The top of the hill began to look like a grave. with a few small stones being stuck into the ground with his information. Regiment, Company. Serial Number. Year of birth. Year of death. Nickname. The small fireteam held a small service. A few words, tears, and salutes were let out. But it was time to get moving again. To get vengeance on the apostle of revenge.

---

"Yes Callahan you have to go

"Yes Callahan you have to go." Dane said.

"But, but my lady. We could just bomb the city. The war is almost over. Why do we have to do this?" Callahan said frantically.

"You have to go Lieutenant Colonel. I will be their as well to make sure you dont mess things up. I have plans for this so called Empire. Get a company ready to escort you as well as me " Dane says sternly.

"Yes ma'am." Callahan says sadly.

"Thank you. Now put on your best uniform the ball is tomorrow night. Make sure you bring your best company. If these primitves pull anything I want you guys to be ready for anything that might try and do something." Dane commanded.

"Yes m'lady." Callahan acknowledges.

"And stop calling me that. Were basically friends Callahan just call me Dane."

"Okay thank the Emperor. I hate brown nosing, and I hate monkey suits like fucking dress uniforms. Fuck them and fuck dancing." Callahan said.

"Wait. Do you know how to dance?" Dane asked.

"Uhhhhh no." Callahan said.

"Oh my warp. I'm going to have to teach you how to dance. I bet its gonna be hard with them boots and that mask. HAHAHA. This is going to be fun." Dane laughed.

"Its going to be a long night." Callahan moaned.

Authors note; Finally got a new chapter out. Be sure to comment, and check out other works. I appreciate it.