Ballroom Blitz

Muddy boots clanked against the white marble of the Imperial Palace

Muddy boots clanked against the white marble of the Imperial Palace. Some shocked, some offended by their crudeness. Whispers emerged throughout the entire Chamber of the ballroom. Everyone looked bad but Dane. She was perhaps the only one dressed in nice and extravagant clothing. They approached the Emperors throne. But the Kriegsmen did not bow however Dane gave a slight courtesy. This earned a glare from Callahan and the entourage. 

"It is my pleasure Emperor Augustus to attend tonight. Me and a liason from the Imperial Guard." Dane explained.

"Ah yes. Our invaders. From what I hear you are a formidable opponent indeed." Augustus said.

"We expect nothing but the finest from our Imperial Guard." Dane boasted.

"Enjoy the ball my guests. We will talk Politics after." Augustus waved them off.

Dane nodded and walked off. The Kriegsmen gave a glare towards him and followed. For the entire night of walking and dancing. They stayed together at the ready for anything. The lack of war and suffering made them feel a weird feeling. They never felt before. A since of no purpose. Callahan finally snapped out of the weird trance when Pina walked up to him.

"Major." Pina stated.

"Its actually Lieutenant Colonel now. I was promoted after the Capture of Bellnahago." Callahan explained.

"Oh... congratulations." Pina said.

"Thanks I guess." Callahan said while scratching his arm.

"Wanna take a walk around the-" Pina was interrupted.

"So these are the invaders from the other side of the gate, and now you have come to talk to these idiots Sister." Zorzal interrupted.

"And who would you be." McKnight butted in.

"I would be the Heir to the throne of the Empire." Zorzal boasted.

"There wont be no Empire after we are done with it." McKnight laughed with the rest of the Kriegsmen.

"Imprudent fool. I will kill you where you stand." Zorzal yelled, gathering a crowd.

Zorzal drew his sword, but before he could do anything. McKnight pushed him to the ground, and kicked his sword onto the dance floor. He reached for his dagger. But McKnights boot crushed his hand. Breaking every bone and ligament in his hand. 

"I would get to moving little prince before she breaks every bone in your body." Callahan said.

"You can't just threaten me. Your inquisitor promised that I would be Emperor!" Zorzal yelled.

"What?" Callahan said puzzled.

"Take him, we are going to find Dane. I want her to answer for this... this heresy." Callahan commanded.

His officers grabbed him and began dragging him through the chambers of the palace on the hunt for Dane. Zorzal kept screaming before he was gagged. Finally the group overheard a speech.