The Eve of Destruction

A large baneblade rolled over a large building

A large baneblade rolled over a large building. What followed was motorized troop transport. Krieg infantry quickly dismounted and secured the perimeter. The last person out of the transport was none other than Lieutenant Gret. The company of soldiers began dragging everyone out of their homes and rounding them up into lines. Each paced the rows with Lasguns at the ready.

"Found him!" One of the guardsmen yelled 

A cloaked figure standing in line received the stock of a lasgun to the nose. He fell to the ground in pain. Two grunts began dragging him towards Gret. They couldn't see it but Gret had a smile from ear to ear.

"To think, I would find the mage that Humiliated me all those weeks ago here. In the last city on your pathetic little continent." Gret boasted.

"The fuck I ever to do you?" Akylar asked.

"You survived." Gret bitch slapped him to the ground again.

Akylar's eyes began to grow red with rage and magic. He looked like he was going to implode on himself. Literally. Gret pulled out his Laspistol and shot him dead so he couldn't use his magic to kill them or worse get away again. He holstered his laspistol with discontent.

"Sir, what about the Civilians. Are we to take them to one of the work camps." A guardsmen with the rank of Master Sergeant asked.

"No. Callahan doesn't want any more prisoners. Much less some Aristocrats of the Imperial Capital. Kill them." Gret explained.

"It shall be done." The Master Sergeant nodded.

He pointed at one of the heavy weapons teams and then pointed at the crowd of civilians. Understanding this signal, they set up heavy bolter and began to unload into the crowd. Any civilians that tried to escape were stabbed with bayonets by Kriegsmen that surrounded the perimeter.

---

Despite almost every building being shelled. The remnant of the Imperial army was still clinging to life and fighting. That's not to say they weren't in almost every engagement being decimated. However that was days ago. Imperial forces were on the verge of capitulation. Colt Formal was leading the Imperial Army. Or what was left of it.

Colt sat on the inside of a cellar below a tavern. Which was now his commands post. Suddenly a centurion busted in.

"Sir Jade palace has fallen. The enemy is only a few blocks away from us!" The Centurion reported.

"Get IX and V Centuries to counter attack!"Colt orederd.

"Sir, IX and V are already in combat and requesting to retreat." Another centurion let in.

"Granted. Send our Militia to relieve them." Colt ordered

"Our last Wyvern Corp riders have fallen to the enemy!" A legionary with blood on his armor bursted in. 

"DAMN THEM. WE ARE LOSING OUR ABILITY TO FIGHT." Colt slammed his fist on the table.

"Sir they are going to kill us all. We need to surrender."

"Damn it. We have to hold out for as long as possible. Rally all Centuries and pull back closer to the command post. We will make our final stand until reinforcements arrive." Colt reasoned.

"Yes sir!" A few centurions left carrying orders.

But before they opened the door. They were disintegrated to bits by Lasgun fire. A squad of guardsmen swiftly entered the room pacifying any resistance. Most put their hands up immediately, all except Colt.

"Well, well, well Count Formal." Callahan slowly entered the room.

"Lieutenant Colonel Callahan. What an unpleasant surprise." Colt mocked.

"Careful Count. I like you but don't push that luck. I'm sorry for getting here so early. I was wanting to take a few days, but I have traitors and false gods to deal with. Its been fun."

"Kill them, and then order the rest of the brigade to push the assault to maximum."

Callahan turned around, before the room flashed red over and over again until no one was standing alive. Banners bearing the Holy Aquila flow from the highest points of city. Flags of the Regiment were flying proudly in the ruins of Sadera. Glory to the Imperium of Man, Glory to be to the Emperor of Mankind!