Callahan's own

The crowd whispers, as Callahan's Company. Or so they had been nicknamed was marching back to the Countess mansion. The crack of their boots hitting the cobblestone made a distinct clicking sound, Princess Pina and the Knights of the Rose marched in front with Callahan and his Command Squad. A few cheers here and there, but it was quiet. To quiet. Maybe the citizens of Italica knew what was next. The destruction of their gods.

The company reached the palace, Engineers began placing sandbags and loud speakers around the city as whole. A few trenches took the place of a garden. The balcony becoming an Observation post, with Vox casters. The palace was well guarded, no one could get in or out if Callahan wanted to stop them. Now came the terms of surrender.

Callahan took a seat and kicked his muddy jack boots on the table confidently. "Now Princess Pina and Knights of the Rose, for your terms of surrender."  He crossed his arms with the upmost confidence.

Pina was start to sweat again. Her forehead was rolling with sweat, but she. Nay the Empire had to come out with something in this. Even if it meant her lively hood. She knew Callahan, had the advantage when it comes to Political weight to throw around.

"What are your terms." She asked neverously hoping they wouldn't be to demanding. 

"Hmm, the Complete surrender of your Empire would be nice. But I assume you don't have that kind of power. So I will do you a favor, listen carefully this is the only chance of survival you and your little kingdom might have." Callahan said, taking his gas mask off and officers cap off laying it on the table. He took a little sip of wine to calm him down, he offered to pour Pina some but she refused.

"Sooner or later, the Empire Capital will surrender. The so called false emperor will have to die, due to the insult he concocted on Krieg. Colonel Miller will become Governor of your little continent and you will marry him. But as to right now I want Italica." Callahan explained

"I don't really see a choice in this." The thought of marrying a foreign 'prince' to keep her family alive was shameful. Becoming a common house wife was an utter spit in the face."

"Oh you do have a choice, but Im sure if you Rebel against your father and become our little birdie then you wont have to marry the Colonel." He smiled

"Are you implying that I should Rebel against my father who is my kin?" Pina asked.

"I'm not implying I'm saying. Its the best option for you and your people as a whole, the end of the war with the Empire is fast approaching so you don't have as much weight as you did when you sent that sucidal attack to Alnus." Callahan sat back up from the luxurious chair.

"What would you do to me if I did this?" Callahan frowned at Pina question.

"Well its not exactly my call, but I'm sure I can ask a buddy in the inquisition to pull a string for me." Despite Callahan's birth on Krieg, he has made connections with Nobility and high ranking Imperium officials. He had survived a long time for being in a Krieg Regiment, even earned the Terran Star. That really got him some weight to throw around.

"So you are asking me to do something that I have no guarantee of getting the terms you are asking of me?" Pina said like it was an offense to her.

"Well I am your only chance at survival, not only for you Princess but your Knights as well." Callahan stated.

She stared at him for a moment, this is the first time she has come eye to eye with the enemy. His Blonde hair was long, his young face was littered with scars. If he didn't have that mask on he would be popular with the ladies. She thought.

"I accept your terms Lieutenant, we will cede control of Italica to you. I will work in collaboration with you to save the Empir- the Kingdom." Callahan smiled at these words. 

"Good." 

Princess Pina got up with. The Order of the Rose stood up with here and went for the door. But the Guardsmen at the door stopped them. Pina felt a hand touch her wrist. The knights put their hands on their swords and spears. But Pina quickly shot the fight or flight down. They would all die if they tried fighting them like this.

"Not so fast Princess, you are staying with me until the Battalion arrives then you are free to go." Callahan smiled. "If my men see you living the city, it truly will mean the destruction of your so called Empire. Now come with me, we must oversee the burning of the bodies." The grin on Callahan's face was almost the size of Emperor class warship.

He grabbed her hand and took her to the large balcony. The countess of Italica, Countess Myui, Princess Pina, Callahan, Aurelius, and two Death Korp engineers were on the large stone balcony. Two vox transmitters with wires running to loud speakers were still being set up, it was time to announce the new overlords. Some Guardsmen had been dispatched to set up loudspeakers and bring more civilians close to the Manor. Callahan finally grabbed the transmitter and put it close to his mouth, a loud low quality voice came out of the loudspeakers.

"Attention Italica! Here my declaration, I am 1st Lieutenant 0245-2745-9456 of the 45th Siege Regiment, Soldiers of the Imperium of Man. Princess Pina had surrendered to me, as a result of this I take control of this town for the Imperium of Man. Not even the feeble state you call the Empire can stop us now. From this day on, this is the property of the Emperor of Mankind, to the common citizen you have nothing to fear. But heretics will die. All hail the Emperor of the Manking. ALL HAIL IMPEREATOR

The Krieg guardsmen raised their fists in the air. "ALL HAIL IMPERATOR." The chorus of voices almost becoming a trance.

---

Soon the chanting died down and the streets became deserted. Hundreds of people were at each gate trying to flee, but their were guardsmen stationed at every gate to prevent Italica from becoming a ghost town. 

The Chimera rolled down the cobblestone pavement, they stopped outside a shrine. Staff Sergeant Jenkins and Corporal Hart stepped out with two squads of Infantry. Armed with Autoguns, Heavy Stubbers, and mostly Lasguns. 

"Corporal take your squad around the shrine and make sure no one gets out alive." Jenkins ordered as Hart nodded. The squad began sprinting to the back of the building through the damp alleyways.

"Alright boys stack up, lets kill these heretics." Jenkins squad began to stack up on the building as to storm it. The pointman placed a small Det-pack on the door, they all covered their ears and finally blew the door. The guardsmen behind the Pointmen threw in a grenade. The guardsmen began flooding into the building pivoting off each side of the doorway effectively making two teams to clear the house. The unlucky few monks and nuns standing by the door were turned into a bloody mess. The shrine became filled with Las and Autogun fire as they cleared each room.

"Come on children we must go, the Monks are trying to hold off the bad men." A nun said urgently leading the children through the back way. The turned through the hallways with accuracy trying to avoid some of the bodies, as to not scar the children. They had raided a religious orphanage. 

"We are almost their, just a few more feet to go and we can go home children!" The nun said trying to pep up the children.

They opened the door with glee, knowing they were going to escape. But that glee soon turned to confusion and terror for the Nun and her children. Some of the Older orphans knew what was going to happen and started crying, the teenagers began begging."

"Mama Sol who are these strangely dressed men." A orphan asked as the Nun turned to him in terror.

"FIRE!"

Heavy stubber fire rang out, by the time the Kriegsmen raised their lasguns the nun and her orphans got gunned down by a heavy stubber position. The Kriegsmen began laughing, an easy kill. But that wasn't rare in this world.

"Good Auro you got six kills." Referring to the Children as half a kill.

The men began laughed and cheering at the situation. The raiding of shrines and churches became a common occurrence through the night. Hundreds of worshippers gunned down. But the thing that kept the citizens of Italica up all night were the screaming of children everywhere.

Authors note; Your comments keep me going by the way so be sure to Favorite and Comment. Please be sure to point out any sentences that are grammatically incorrect or don't make sense