Awaken

'You're too late'. The old man cheered, his lightsaber glowing its usual red, ready to cut down any who dared get close. Beside him stood his apprentice, a Dathomirian, young and naive, so easily manipulated. In front of him stood three Jedi warriors, their weapons aimed at the old Sith. 

'Today, you shall bear witness to the true power of the Dark Side'. All around them, the room trembled, large rubble falling everywhere as the shaking provoked the whole tomb into collapsing.

Suddenly, the sarcophagus that laid in the middle trembled as a dark mist slowly enveloped the large open tomb. A loud screech echoed all around them as the heavy lid slowly opened before finally falling with a loud thud. 

The whole room went quiet, looking at the sarcophagus' content. A mummy garbed in an old intricate red robe laid still. It's face, although dead and dry, still exhumed a presence of strength and power. Everyone waited.

Finally, the young Togruta snickered. 'I guess not even the Sith can bring people back from the dead'. 

'Do not mock me, little girl'. The old Sith raised his weapon when they felt the whole room darken. The corpse thought dead, drew a deep breath. It's stiff hands began to move, creaking as each fingers moved to make a fist. The corpse slowly sat up, its old decrepit body bending in all manner of unnatural ways. 

The Jedi attacked. 'We have to stop them before it's too late', ordered the bearded Jedi. 'Anakin and I will hold them off. Ahsoka, do whatever you can to stop that thing from resurrecting'. With that, the three Jedi moved. The two men launched themselves at the Sith, their weapons clashing as they swung them with near perfection. 

The young Togruta jumped, aiming her lightsaber at the corpse's head. Instead, the weapon bounced back. The Jedi attacked again and again, her weapon was deflected. 'Stupid force field', she whispered to herself. She looked at her surroundings, looking for any signs of a power source. 

'What's taking so long, Snips?', shouted her master. 

She groaned. 'There's a force field. I'm trying to figure out how to shut it down'.

'Well, figure it out faster', quipped back the other Jedi. 'We don't want a Sith mummy running around the universe'.

When she looked back, the corpse was already crawling out of the sarcophagus, it's long skinny limbs stretching out to meet the floor. The girl's eyes moved faster, scanning everywhere for any clue she could find. Finally, her eyes darted towards a small crack on the wall where tiny sparks emitted. 

'Got'cha'. She leapt towards the wall and with a quick slash, destroyed the only thing powering the force field. Then, she turned her eyes to the abomination crawling its way out of its sarcophagus. 'Go back to being dead'. She aimed her weapon at the corpse's neck as her lightsaber swung.

However, her weapon was met with another. The Sith apprentice glared at the Jedi padawan. 'Can't have you killing our prize', said the Sith. They launched their weapons at each other, each swing being met by a block and a parry. Their movements fluid and precise as they performed a magnificent dance where one wrong move meant certain death. 

On the other side of the room, the two Jedi moved hand in hand, their weapons moving as if they had the same mind. But even with their coordination, their attacks still couldn't get past the Sith Lord. 

'Enough with this foolishness', roared the Sith Lord. 'The Jedi is a lost cause. Join me and together, we can finally bring order to all this chaos'.

'Why do you always monologue every time you're in  a fight?' asked one of the Jedi with each bated breath. 

'Now, now, Anakin. Let the old man have his way. God know how long he practices those in front of a mirror'. 

The Sith roared. His weapon swung more erratically and his steps becoming more frantic. Then, his rage proved too much for him when a misstep made the Sith lose his footing. The younger Jedi didn't miss his chance. He threw his lightsaber, the weapon aimed at the corpse that stood in the middle of the room. The Sith roared and everyone watched with bated breath as the lightsaber flew in the air. 

But the weapon stopped mere inches from the corpse's neck before falling to the floor. The corpse's mouth opened as it whispered. 'Jedi'. Large rubble began to float before suddenly throwing themselves at the Jedi masters. Everything turned to chaos. The rubble surrounding them flew all around them, hitting anyone careless enough to get in its way. The Jedi master quickly took back his weapon before returning to the melee. Sparks flew as lightsabers clashed into one another, each warrior presenting their skills in the midst of the chaos. The Jedi were being overrun as the corpse's power slowly engulfed the room. 

'We need to fall back', ordered the bearded Jedi. 

'But master-'.

'No "buts", Anakin'.

Suddenly, soldiers in white armour flooded the entrance. Blaster fire flew around the room, most missing its mark, while a few exceptions flew towards the Sith only to be deflected by their lightsabers.

'Rex, what took you so long?' yelled the Jedi padawan with glee.

'Sorry, General. We got lost in the tunnels'.

With the soldiers' appearance, the battle once again tipped into the Jedi's favour. The chaos continued as boulders and blaster fire rained all around them. The Sith were slowly being pushed back into a corner as more and more soldiers began to encircle them. 

'It's over Count. You're outnumbered'.

'Perhaps. But the force always finds a way'.

Using the force, the Sith Lord raised the empty sarcophagus and threw it at a nearby wall, revealing a secret passage. The Sith and his pupil ran towards the exit only to realize that their prize wasn't following. 'My Lord, we must flee', begged the Sith. Still, the corpse simply stood amidst the chaos. 

Angry, the Sith apprentice ran and pulled the corpse before being tackled by the Jedi padawan. 

'You little-'. The Sith apprentice sneered before raising her weapon. This caught the corpse's attention. It looked at the young Togruta. 'Ashara'. 

Before the Sith apprentice could hurt the young padawan, boulder flew right into her, throwing her into the wall. Blaster fire then rained down on the corpse. Its body spasming as waves of painful electric jolts shocked its system until, finally, it fell.