Bounty

'What the hell are you doing here?' hissed Ahsoka. 

'It's a long story, my dear. All you need to know is that I'm here for you'. Cad Bane grinned before cocking his blaster. 'I suggest you come quietly'.

Ahsoka followed her training, observing her surroundings for any hidden enemies. Her instincts told her nothing which means the only threat stood right in front of her. 'I'm not really one for coming quietly'. 

The padawan stepped forward but before she could even advance, a blaster shot right towards where she was about to step. Cad Bane grimaced. 'I suggest you try. For your sake'.

Ahsoka let go of her weapon, putting it back on her waist. 'What now?'

The bounty hunter said nothing. He threw a pair of hand cuffs at her feet before prodding her to take it. Ahsoka picked the thing up, looking at it intently. She held the weapon in her hand walking slowly towards the bounty hunter. 'Put it on', growled Cad Bane. 

Ahsoka continued to move forward making the bounty hunter even more angry. 'Last chance, Jedi. I'm not beyond shooting little girls'. Ahsoka didn't respond, slowly inching forward. Cad Bane aimed his blaster at the padawan but before he could pull the trigger, Ahsoka threw the cuffs at his face, making him miss her by a few inches.

The padawan jumped to the side, hiding behind the nearest cover. A few more blaster fires were shot, narrowly missing her. For whatever reason, Cad Bane wasn't allowed to kill her. Ahsoka wasn't about to let go of her advantage. She peeked out of cover, almost getting shot by the bounty hunter. Cad Bane was an experienced fighter. Even more so because of his frequent dealings against the Jedi. If he really wanted to, Ahsoka wouldn't stand a chance in her current condition.

Alone, the best thing Ahsoka could do right now would be to escape. With her obvious exit currently blocked, the padawan looked around her for any other escape. She then saw a pile of cargo stacked high enough to reach over the wall. 

'You should have come with me quietly. Now, things are gonna get messy'. Ahsoka could hear the bounty hunter's footsteps moving closer. She peeked to the side and saw the bounty hunter's foot inching towards her. At the last moment, she jumped out of cover, throwing sand on the man's face and kicking him in the knee to throw him off-balance. 

Cad Bane fell, shooting a few rounds in the air. The padawan took her chance and sprinted for the wall. She jumped the cargo boxes one after the other, eventually reaching the top. Before jumping to the other side, Ahsoka looked back and saw the bounty hunter busy rubbing the dirt from his eyes. The padawan snickered and jumped down. 

As she walked in the middle of the street, she slowly realized how quite it had become. The crowd she passed through coming here were nowhere to be found. Instead, she could sense a couple of people hiding behind the corners of the street. She also noticed a man leaning on a wall, his cowboy hat covering half of his face. 

'Quite an entrance did back there, ma'am', said the man. 

Ahsoka looked him up and down. She knows when someone's trying to act tough and this man tried acting the most. '

'Stay out of this if you know what's good for you', said the padawan smugly. 

'Can't do that. The bounty on you're head ain't something anyone can just pass by. Too many zeroes for me to just give up on'.

'Trust me, you're way over your head here'. 

The man walked towards the center of the road, stopping a few feet in front of Ahsoka. The two of them eyed each other, waiting for whoever was about to make the first move. The man pulled out his blaster first. He shot from the hip but each of the blasts were deflected by the padawan's quick swings. Ahsoka launched herself at him. The man rolled to the side, firing more shots at the woman.