Invasion

Anakin laid down in his room as he tried to get some sleep. He hasn't been feeling too well lately and he'd even have some memory gaps. The last thing he remembers was arguing with that damn Sith Lord before Obi-wan took him away and sent him to his room like a little child. His master pointed him out on his sudden mood swings whenever he gets close to Darth Occlus and they both agreed that it was more than just Anakin not liking the Sith Lord. Whatever was at work was trying to make Anakin cause chaos whenever he's in the midst of the Sith. In the end, Obi-wan ordered him to stay away from the Sith Lord while his master would report this occurrence to the Jedi Council.  

Suddenly, the room shook violently. Anakin quickly stood up and ran towards the chaos. Outside, it was complete chaos as civilians ran to safety while the soldiers and Jedi headed towards the chaos while barking out orders. Anakin met up with Ahsoka as they both ran to the source of the explosion. 'What happened?', screamed Anakin in the midst of the panic. 

Ahsoka quickly pointed out in the distance. Anakin strained his eyes until he eventually saw the warship as it was being revealed by the bombardments. 'We think it's General Grievous', yelled Ahsoka. 

'Why in the world would he be attacking the Jedi stronghold? He'd be overrun'. But then, it immediately came to Anakin. 'Damn it. I knew we should have taken care of that Sith Lord when we had the chance'. Anakin and his padawan immediately changed course and headed for the prison. 

As they entered the building, they were immediately greeted by blaster fire. Anakin quickly unleashed his lightsaber and deflected every attack that came their way before eventually running for cover. 'There's more than a dozen droids out there', reported Ahsoka. 'Master, what do we do?'. Anakin looked around him and saw the loose rubble in front of them. It was being held by a damaged post on the verge of breaking. Anakin, with the Force, used all of his strength to pull at the post and eventually breaking it. The droids screamed in their mechanical voices as they were crushed by the ceiling.

'Alright, let's go', ordered the master and the two continued forward. The two Jedi fought their way into a wave of droids, cutting and slashing their enemies until they're nothing but metal scraps. They eventually reached the middle of the chaos where Master Obi-wan and Master Plo, along with squads of clone troopers held back waves of droids. 

'How's guard duty turning out for you?' said Anakin to his old mentor, a hint of jest in his voice. 

'Weren't you supposed to be resting?' replied Obi-wan. 

'I was. But just had to start a party, didn't you?'.

Obi-wan sighed. 'Yeah. You're not really one to miss a good explosion, are you?'.

All around them, droids and clone troopers traded blaster fires while the Jedi cut through anyone stupid enough to get close. 'Where's Occlus?' asked Anakin.

'They're secure. They were locked up in their cells before the explosion took out the power. Luckily, the backup generators managed to get everything back in order before any of the prisoners could escape'.

However, Anakin wasn't convinced. 'We have to get there and make sure'. Anakin turned to run but was immediately pulled back by Obi-wan. 'Anakin, no. Right now, protecting the people comes first'.

Anakin was ready to argue. But then, looking around, he saw as the invasion force was slowly pushing them all into a corner. The soldiers did their best to hold of the attack but were slowly being pushed back by the incoming onslaught of the Separatist attack. Anakin looked at Obi-wan before eventually agreeing. 

'Good. Right now, we have to stop droid reinforcements from entering the planet. You and Ahsoka head to the planetary defense systems and secure it. We'll hold them as long as we can'.