Coruscant

Finally, Ahsoka could breath again. Every moment she was on the ship with their new found Sith Lord, the young padawan felt her whole body tense. She didn't even realize that she wasn't breathing Master Plo Koon stood next to her. 

'Well done, Ahsoka. Now, let us handle this. Get some rest', said the kind master.

'Thanks, master. But I'd like to see this thing through', she said after some thought.

'Very well, young padawan. But don't push yourself too much'.

Master Plo walked towards the cells followed by the masters Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia, Luminara Undili and finally Obi-wan and the limping Anakin. Ahsoka stood beside her mentor, assisting him as he walked. 'I hope he goes with us quietly'.

'Come on, Snips. What could an old decrepit Sith really do?'

Ahsoka's eyes turned to his mentor's newly healed wound before speaking in her usual sarcastic tone. 'Really?'

'Good point'. 

The two of them watched as the ancient Sith Lord, now looking even better than when they last saw him, get shackled before being shoved into the body restraints. Ventress followed the master's example but now without giving each and everyone of them a deathly glare. With the two of them secured, the two prisoners were floated out into Coruscant. 

All around the Temple, Jedi Knights patrolled, weapons ready at the slightest sign of a threat. 

'The Temple's currently on lock down', said Master Obi-wan before she could even ask the question. 'It's not everyday, we get to capture an ancient powerful Sith and have him brought to the Jedi Council'. 

'Can't we just lock him up in a hole and throw away the key', asked Anakin. 

'The Council believes he could be of use to the Jedi', answered Obi-wan. 'And truth be told, I think they're right'.

'What good could come from him existing? Who knows how many atrocities that man committed in his era?' 

'That's just it, Anakin. Who knows what the Sith were like in the days of the Old Republic. If the records were right, the ancient Sith Order was just that an Order. If we can bring back order to the Sith, its possible to finally bring peace between the two orders'.

'And if he's just as blood-thirsty as the rest of the Sith, or worse, then what?' 

Obi-wan's face grew dim. 'Then if it's just as bad as you say, then I'm afraid we'll have to do what we must'. With that, Obi-wan followed the rest of Jedi Masters to the council. 

Ahsoka helped his master into one of the open seats overlooking the council. In front of them, Ahsoka and many other Jedi watched the council decide on the ancient Sith's fate. 

Finally, the whole room grew quiet as Master Windu stood up, beginning the meeting. 'May we know the name of the Sith Lord that stands before this council?' 

The Sith Lord, still heavily restrained spoke in a now smoother voice. 'In my era, I am known as Darth Occlus, Lord Inquisitor of the Dark Council'. 

Hearing his name, the whole room grew tense. The rest of the council looked towards Master Jocasta Nu. She spoke. 'If memory serves me right, Darth Occlus was the keeper of knowledge within the ancient Sith order, were you not?'

'That is indeed true, Master Jedi? In my time, I was a scholar, studying the ways of the Force, and ways they could further our civilization'. 

'And ways to cause more destruction, no doubt', whispered Ahsoka, more to herself than anyone else. 

'Not quite, young Ahsoka', responded the Sith. Everyone's attention suddenly turned to the young padawan, their stares making her gulp. 

'Although, my studies did help me create many powerful weapons, my main studies focused more on furthering life. And, to be quite frank, I believe I was successful, was I not? Healing your master's wound is but a drop of my true power could bring. In my prime, I could bring armies from the brink of death, heal torn limbs, bring life back to the dying. Men bowed before me, worshipped me. I was the Force'.  

'And look where you are now?', blurted Ahsoka without so much as a thought. 

The Council glared at her. 'That's enough, Padawan Tano. As for you Darth Occlus, you will-'. 

'That's true, little Togruta. If I was still at the peak of my prime, none of you would have been a match for me. But times change, and even the strong fall. Now, all I am is a husk of what I used to be'. 

Master Windu roared. 'Enough, we are here to determine your future, Sith. Any more of this-'.

'But I think the choice has already been made. You seek knowledge and I am its keeper. But knowledge is power, and power comes at a cost. The only question is, how much are you willing to give'.