Council's Orders

Anakin snuck out of the medic bay hoping to get to the meeting room without being detected. All his hopes were squashed when he heard his padawan's voice from behind him. 'You know, even for a Jedi as skilled as you, you're still very terrible at sneaking'. 

Anakin groaned. 'Yeah, well, you can blame Obi-wan for that. Did he put you up to this?'

'Yep. He told me to make sure you get some rest', replied the young Ahsoka. 

'Oh, come on, Snips. Aren't you the least bit curious about whatever we got locked up in the cells?' A few moments passed between master and student before coming to a silent agreement. 

Inside a small room, Obi-wan did his best to argue with the rest of the Jedi council.

'It's too dangerous. You weren't there when that thing woke up. The chaos it could unleash to the universe is unimaginable'. Obi-wan's frustration was beginning to get the best of him.

'But so is the knowledge it can provide', replied Master Mundi. 'If we can get our hands on knowledge long forgotten, imagine how much good we could give to the universe'.

'Master Mundi, the risks are too great. We cannot let-'.

This time, it was Master Windu who interjected. 'Master Kenobi, we understand your wish to return the ancient Sith Lord to its resting place. However, we cannot let such power get into Count Dooku's hands. We will continue this once you return to Coruscant'. 

As the communication system shut down, Anakin and Ahsoka bursted into the room. 'What the hell was that about? You saw what that thing could unleash. Why don't we just kill it'.

'That is not the Jedi way, Anakin. Besides, it's better to let some things lie. Provoking it would only be worse for us'.

'This is stupid'. Anakin was now huffing. His wounds beginning to open up again. 'I mean, is that thing even human'.

Just as he was about to fall, Anakin was quickly caught by his young padawan. 'Master, are you alright?'

'I'm fine', quickly grunted Anakin.

'No, you're not. Ahsoka, bring him back to the medbay. And this time, make sure he rests'. With that, Obi-wan left the two. 

'Come on, Master. Let's get you stitched up. Again'.

'Not yet. First, the prison cells'.

'But Master, you can barely-'.

'Snips'. With a finality to his tone, Ahsoka guided her master and the two of them wobbled their way to the cells. As they walked past the guards and into the viewing area, the two Jedi were met with a murderous glare. 

'It's so good to see you too, Ventress', quipped Anakin. 'Sadly, I don't really have time to chat right now'.

'When I get out of here , the first thing I'll do is to cut of that little-'. She was cut of by the cell's soundproofing and Anakin grinned as he watched the Sith screaming profanities at him. 

They walked towards the next cell and saw the thing they had caught lying on a a healing pod. It looks far better than when it first stepped out of its coffin. At least, now, it resembled something more human. 

'Hello, young Jedi'. The dry sickly voice made the two step back. 'Please, stay. I haven't had company in centuries'. 

With a gulp, Anakin responded. 'So, a moldy corpse, back from the dead. How was the afterlife for you?'

The Sith laughed. 'I don't think, I'll consider myself a corpse just yet. As for the afterlife, it's alright. If floating in a dream was your definition of fun anyways. I much prefer being with the living, to be quite frank'. 

'Well, don't get used to it just yet. I doubt you'll be doing that for much longer'. Suddenly, Anakin's legs felt weak and he stumbled to the floor. 

'From the looks of it, friend, it seems you need to lie here more than I do'. 

Anakin gave it a deathly stare. 'I'm not your friend'.

'Come on, master. Time to get you back to medbay'. Ahsoka helped him up and just as they were about to head out, the Sith spoke again. 'Wait. Bring him to me. I can help'.

'We don't need your help, Sith', responded Anakin. 

'Ah, but you do. If I'm not mistaken, you got your wound from Korriban. The very air of that planet is poison. Without proper attention, your wound will fester and you will die'. 

Anakin raised his robe. Looking closely, he could see the wound festering, small signs of rot slowly creeping its way out. Anakin and Ahsoka tensed. 'What do you want?'

'Like I said earlier. I want company' With cracking joints, the Sith slowly walked towards the cell entrance. Suddenly, with a loud screech, a nearby stool began to move in front of him. 'Come, take a seat'.