Freedom

Ahsoka thought getting to the power room would be a simple job. Droids marching around. Cameras overlooking each hallway. The padawan could have easily snuck in through the ventilation, but with her master limping beside her, things were made just a little more complicated. This obsession of his was already going too far and Ahsoka letting him do what he wanted just made it worse. But it's too late to back out now. The best she could do is to help her master to the end. 

'Go', whispered Ahsoka as the last of the droids finally turned the corner. The two of them snuck towards the metal door. Ahsoka ripped out the command console, fiddling with the wires until the door eventually opened. When the duo finally entered the chamber, Ahsoka released a breath she didn't know she was holding. She looked at the center of the room and saw the large glowing device powering the entire ship. It was held between two pillars, one above it and the other below. The glow was enough to light up the whole room, a magnificent feat considering how the room was large enough to fit in a dozen carrier ships. 

'Alright, we're here. What now, master?' Ahsoka looked at him and saw Anakin leaning on a nearby wall. His skin was extremely pale and he could barely open his eyes. Ahsoka rushed to her, laying her on the ground. 'I knew we should have stayed on Coruscant', she said. 'The first aid wasn't enough. We need to get you out of here'. 

'No. The mission goes first'. Anakin's eyes were filled with determination. But something about it was different. Something was wrong. 'We have to destroy the power core'

'There has to be a safer way. Tampering the power core could blow up the whole -'.

'No'. Anakin roared, as a wave of unseen force exploded from him. Ahsoka was thrown to the nearby wall. The padawan looked at her master, but for a split second she saw someone else in his place. 'I will kill him and not even you will get in my way'. The man stood up and walked towards the power core. He pulled out his lightsaber and ignited his weapon. But as he was about to strike down the power core, his weapon was blocked by Ahsoka's.

Ahsoka pushed her master back. 'Snap out of it, master. What's happening to you?'

'Get out of the way, girl'. Anakin struck at her again. Ahsoka blocked it but felt as if her arms had just been through a grinder. Her master's attacks had somehow renewed his strength, as a strange power flowed through him. 

'Anakin, please. It's me'. Ahsoka tried to reason with her but Anakin only continued with his attacks, giving her no time to rest. Anakin raised his weapon for an overhead strike. Ahsoka raised her weapon preparing for the attack. But then, Anakin gave her a powerful kick, making her fall to the ground and grasping for breath. 

Ahsoka looked at her master's eyes, pleading for him to stop. Instead, in his eyes, she saw someone else. Anakin raised his weapon towards her. 'You are not getting in my way'. 

He was still in quiet meditation when Darth Occlus felt a sudden force surge emanate from within the ship. The doors opened and his apprentice rushed inside. 'Did you feel that?', she asked him. 

'Yes. We have to go'. The Sith Lord sat up and the two of them rushed to the hallway. They headed to the center of the ship where the force surge came from. What they saw instead shocked them both. Both of them watched in amusement as the Jedi and his padawan fought each other.

What sparked the Sith Lord's curiousity was the sudden change in the Jedi's character. 'Apprentice, I've got a job for you. I need you to stop the Jedi from killing Ahsoka'.

Assaj looked at him. 'What?'

'You heard me. I need her for my plans'. Darth Occlus shooed her off. 'Oh, and try not to kill him. You don't want to have his guardian coming after you'. 

'I've dealt with Kenobi before'. The apprentice looked at her again but rushed off to stop both Jedi from killing each other.

'I wasn't talking about him', he said but his apprentice was already too far away to hear. The Sith Lord watched his apprentice fend off her opponent. The two clashed toe to toe. Darth Occlus walked towards Ahsoka, helping her up. 'What's happening to him?' asked the padawan. 'This isn't him. He's not acting like himself. It's- It's like- It's as if he's-'.

'Possessed? Yes, that seems to be the case'. Darth Occlus studied the Jedi carefully, watching his behaviour as he fought with the Sith Lord's apprentice. Looking closely, he could see the slight differences from when they fought each other on the docking bay. His movements had grown more calculating and less erratic.  He no longer made the same mistakes in his footsteps, something the Sith Lord abused during their duel. 

'Did you do this to him?' Ahsoka's glare was enough to give anyone shivers. 

'Well, yes. But not on purpose, mind you'. The Sith Lord shrugged her off, focusing instead on the fight in front of him. The Jedi couldn't push past Assaj's defence and instead decided to focus his attack on the power core. His apprentice tried valiantly to defend against the ongoing assault but eventually lost when her enemy decided to tackle her to the ground.

'Enough'. Darth Occlus pulled the Jedi away from Assaj and binding him with the Force. 'Show yourself to me'. 

The two women watched in horror as the Jedi's features contorted before something came out came out from behind him and began forming into a man. The sound that came out of its mouth was coarse and unnatural. 'It's good to see you again, my lord'.

'It's good to see you too, Horak Mul'.

'How is it? Do you like my new body? I'm still getting used to the body but it's only a matter of time before I flush this boy's soul out'. Anakin's body twitched, his fingers moving as if he was trying on a new glove.

'You bastard. What did you-' Ahsoka wanted to rush to her master but was immediately stopped by the Sith Lord.

The Sith Lord moved the Jedi closer to him. 'I was wondering why this particular Jedi could match my strength. At first, I thought it was because of the presence watching over him. Turns out it was all because he had the power of two. Because of you'. 

'Amazing isn't it. It's like this body was made just for me. Not even your body could truly take on the full strength of my power. But this.' He looked at his body enjoying the senses of his new body. 

'As your true master, I command you to leave that body and return to me'. 

A guttural laugh echoed through the room. 'And why should I do that? Look at me. I have my own body. I'm free now, to do as I wish'.

Darth Occlus growled at the ghost, tightening his grip on the body. 'Think what you may. But one way or another, you will return to me, whether you want it or not'.

'Not if I can help it'. A burst of lightning came out of the possessed Jedi's hand, striking Darth Occlus. 

After the first attack, the Sith Lord managed to draw his weapon to deflect the oncoming lightning. 'Do you really think you in that body is enough to stop me?' 

'I don't need to. As long as you're dead, there'll be no one powerful enough to stop me in this era. All I have to do is blow this ship up'. The Jedi's face contorted into a smile. 'Shame about this body though. I really liked it'. Horak Mul turned and his lightning struck the power core.

----------------------------

Note:
Hello everyone. I didn't think this story would get as big as it did. Just wanna thank you lot for continuing to support this story. Anyways, take care.