Deal

Obi-wan could barely keep up with what Anakin's grumbling. And yet, he understood him completely. 

'Master, how could you let this happen?' blamed Anakin. 'You saw what that thing could do. If we let him go, we're endangering everyone we're trying to protect'.

Obi-wan agrees. Before the verdict was even passed, Obi-wan himself, hated the idea of letting the Sith Lord roam around Coruscant. After giving his report on the events on Moraband, the Jedi Master expected the council to secure the Sith Lord and ensure he would never be able to roam free again. However, the council decided to speak to the Sith Lord in person, and after a long discussion, Darth Occlus planted the idea of giving them access to forgotten knowledge in  exchange of letting the Sith Lord free. Obi-wan expected a quick refusal, but instead, it was Master Windu himself who played with the idea of giving the Sith Lord what he wanted. And that led them to a week long debate of whether to use Darth Occlus or to imprison him. 

Even Anakin came up with the idea of killing the ancient Sith but, that itself, sent the council into another spiral of debate and arguments. When the vote was finally made, the whole council was split in half and it was up to Master Yoda to give the final decision. It took the old Jedi Master another few days of meditation before finally coming to a conclusion. 

'The Council has made its decision, Anakin', he replied finally. 'We can't let Darth Occlus free into the galaxy but to throw him away is to throw away millennia of long forgotten knowledge'.

It was Master Windu who spoke next. 'That is correct. Darth Occlus, as was agreed upon, you will be permitted to walk the planet of Coruscant and interact with it's people. However, countermeasures will be set in place to ensure that you nor your apprentice will be able to cause harm. You are to be kept on a tight leash, Sith Lord, and it will be very tight, indeed'.

The Sith Lord smiled. 'Thank you, Master Windu. And to all of you as well. I will make sure that your trust in me is not unfounded. You will not be disappointed'.

For a moment, Obi-wan thought he saw a hint of a smirk from the Sith Lord's face. Instead, Darth Occlus stood up and gave them all an elegant bow as they left the prison. 

The next day, Obi-wan, along with Anakin, Master Plo and Adi Gallia watched as they finally released the Sith Lord and his apprentice. Darth Occlus happily complied with each order given to him, but Ventress would often snarl at the Jedi releasing him. They were then taken to another room where the two Dark Side users were injected with trackers and a Force collar was placed on each of them. 

'When Master Windu said we'd be kept on a leash, I kinda expected it to be the metaphorical sort', jovially commented the Sith Lord.

Master Plo went to the two of them and inspected each of their collars. 'This will ensure that neither of you will be able to fully utilize your midi-clorians therefore limiting your capabilities in the Force', he explained.

Darth Occlus stared at the Jedi Master for a moment before finally saying 'Cool'.

The Sith Lord looked around and saw a nearby cup. He willed the Force and the cup easily floated in the air. As he did so, a part of his collar lit up in a green hue. Willing the Force some more, the Sith Lord tightened his Force Grip on the cup and cracks begun to crawl on its edges. Again, his Force collar lit up, now with an orange hue. Finally, Darth Occlus gently placed the cup back down on the table. With a bit of concentration, sparks began to emit from the tip of his fingers. He pointed it at the cup and just as the sparks grew larger and larger, they suddenly disappeared. The collar on his neck lit up red, immediately tasing the force user. Darth Occlus crumpled on the ground as he tightened his grip on the collar. 

'Serves you right', Obi-wan heard Anakin whisper under his breath. The Jedi Master looked at his former padawan earning the young man, his former master's disapproval. The Sith Lord started to laugh. Darth Occlus patted his collar as he spoke. 'What strange and magnificent technology. To be able to limit my power in the Force. If this existed in my time, imagine the things we could have done'. 

The rest of them just looked at him is silence. At first, Obi-wan looked at him and saw a man discovering new technology for the first time before eventually remembering that he was a Sith Lord who came from an era of war and chaos. It made him shudder. 

Master Plo, having enough of his madness, helped the Sith Lord up. 'You will be given better accomodations and will be granted permission to walks the streets of Corruscant. Jedi Masters will be placed to watch you 24/7 and on the first sign of trouble, you will be incapacitated and thrown back to your cell. Is that understood?'

Darth Occlus nodded at the Jedi, his mood not dampened at all by all this events. Master Plo continued. 'Furthermore, you will be assigned a schedule on-'.

Darth Occlus smiled at him. 'I'd like to visit the Jedi gardens now'.