dancing in the moonlight

It is very late, almost midnight. Despite the darkness, Thomas wanders around the glade without having a special destination. He just wants to clear his head and not think about the maze for the first time since he arrived here.

It just doesn't work, he can't stop thinking about how to escape this place. He wants to help his friends, he wants them to live the life they deserve because they all deserve something better than this.

The branches of the trees dance above his head in the wind as Thomas watches birds fly far away. Sometimes, he wants to be a bird too. They are free to go wherever they desire, they are'nt trapped, no matter where they are.

"What are you doing here, Tommy?" The voice is very familiar to Thomas. The thick accent is like music in his ears, he loves to hear his boyfriend speak. He could listen to him for the rest of his life without wanting to say anything himself.

"Hey, Newt." He turns around to look into the beautiful brown eyes of the blonde boy. Without answering the question, Thomas pulls Newt into a bone-crushing hug.

Newt pulls him even closer. They truely love each other and neither of them could handle losing the other one.

Newt can sense that the boy in his arms needs to free his mind and suddenly, he has an idea, how to help him.

"Come with me.", he whispers.

They run into the middle of the glade, both of them giggling. Newt whirls the other boy around, not wasting on second thinking about the other gladers. He doesn't care of they hear him.

"Dance with me, love!" He shouts, laughing.

They start dancing in a very chaotic way. The wind carrys their laughs far away as they have the time of their lives.

The only light comes from the moon that shines down on Newt and Thomas.

They were'nt that happy for a long time. It's amazing what love does to them.

After some time, both boys are tired, but neither of them wants the moment to stop. They sway around while holding each other in a warm hug.

Their laughter dies down after some time and they only stare into each others eyes. Newt leans closer to place his lips onto Thomas'.

Thomas burries his hands in Newts fluffy hair as their lips move in sync. Every time they kiss, they are in their own little world, where just the two of them exist.

"I love you", Newt whispers into Thomas' ear, sending shivers down his spine.

The rest of the night, they danced and whispered cute compliments into each other ears. They really do love each other.