always

Thomas' pov.
It is late at night, but from the room next to mine, I hear screams. Concerned, I stand up and walk to the door, before opening it, I hesitate.

The screams definetely come from Newt. What, if he doesn't want me to see him like this? What if he wants to be alone? But on the other hand, what if he needs help?

I carefully open the door and walk to his bed. Tears are streaming down his cheeks and sweat is glistening on his bare chest.

He seems to be asleep, does he have a nightmare? "Newt.", I whisper, an attempt to wake him up.

"Newt. Wake up, it's a dream.", I say, louder. I touch his arm and shake it. Warmth spreads across my body, but I try to ignore it.

I have this feeling for a long time now. I feel good around him, his smile makes me smile too and his angelic laugh is like music to my ears.

Suddenly, Newt opens his eyes. He looks frightened, I wonder what he saw in his dream. When he sees me, his expression softens, but he still berathes heavily.

"It was just a dream, I'm sorry." His voice is shaking and he looks very tired. Tears are still falling down his cheeks, I can't help but feel sad.

"It's okay. I get them too." I slowly brush his hair away from his forehead. "Good night." I walk to the door again, ignoring the voice that tells me to stay.

"Tommy?" I hear Newt's frail voice, that causes me to stop and turn around.

"Yeah?", I answer. My voice barely above a whisper.

"Will you stay with me?" Shyly, he looks down onto the bed and his gaze doesn't meet mine again. I lay down next to him and he rests his head on my chest.

My hand plays with his fluffy hair, his hands are slung around his body, which is curled up into a ball.

"Always.", I whisper.

Time passes by and his breathing gets steady. I turn my head to look at him. His eyes are closed, his pink lips parted. I hold back the urge to kiss him.

"You are so beautiful.", I admit, despite the fact that he is asleep. "I am so madly in love with you, but I don't know how to tell you. You are too perfect for me.", I whisper.

Then, he openes his eyes. I should reget what I just said, but I don't. I do love him and he has to know.

He slowly leans forward until our lips almost touch. My heart beats faster and I can't help but stare at his lips.

"May I kiss you?", he mumbles.

I am unable to speak, so I just nod.
When our lips touch, butterflies errupt in my stomach. They move slowly in synch, at first, but soon we share a passionate kiss.

My hand caresses his cheek and I try to show him all my love with just this one kiss.

"I love you so much, Tommy.", he says after he pulled away.

***