best friend

Tears are falling down the older boy's cheeks, his body curled up under the blanket. Why would Thomas ever like him? Newt loves his best friend, it was never different and it will always stay like this. He got used to not being more than Tommys best friend, but earlier today the younger boy found out about his secret crush.

"Is it true? Do you really love me?" He asked in disbelief. Before Newt had a chance to answer, Thomas stormed off and left Newt alone in the middle of the empty school halls.

He immediately went home, tears stinging in his eyes, but he didn't let them fall out of his eyes, until he was in the safety of his room. His sister came to check on him, when she got hime from school, but he told her to go away. He didn't want to talk to anyone, he wanted to be alone.

And even a few hours later, he is still lying in his bed. The sadness is like a big black abyss inside of him, eating him alive. The pain spreading over his entire body, making him shake and cry even more.

The only person he'd talk to right now is Thomas. To tell him that he in fact does love him, but he could ignore his feelings and be his best friend again. Newt could push away his feelings, just like he's always done. It was never any different. He just wants his best friend back, he wants to feel happy again, hear Thomas carefree laughing about some stupid joke, that the older boy made.

Of course he wants to be Tommys boyfriend, but the most important thing for the blonde is, to have the other boy in his life- even if that means, that they're just friends.

A knock on his door, brings him back to reality and he feels another stab in his heart. "Lizzy, I told you to go away!", he shouts, trying to be not too rude. After all, this isn't his siters fault.

Newt hears the door open a bit and he groans, sitting up to look at his sister. But the person awkwardly standing at the entrance to the room isn't Lizzy. It's Thomas.

Newt looks down at the mattress, trying to hide his puffy eyes and red nose. But the younger boy saw his tear stained cheeks and he has to use all his strength to not cry as well. "I'm sorry.", Thomas whsipers, carefully sitting down on the bed beside Newts fragile body.

Newt sinks into the cushions again, his back facing Thomas. He sniffles a few times, before he feels ready to speak up. "I'm sorry. I can understand, that you just want to be my friend." His voice is shaking, just like the rest of his body.

Thomas walks around the bed and crouches down next to it, so he can look at Newts face. The blonde's eyes are closed, but he knows, that Thomas is directly in front of him. His heart beats faster agains his ribcage, when he feels the other boys fingers on his cheek, pushing some of his hair behind his ear.

"You are really beautiful.", Thomas whispers.

"Tommy, don't say that just to make me feel better." Newt opens his eyes to look into Thomas' but he doesn't see the hint of a lie in the other boy's gaze.

"I said that because it's the truth." He takes a deep breath. "And I love you, Newt."

The older boy's eyes widen at the confession. He doesn't know what to say or to do. Thomas already knows, that he is in love with him too.

A soft smile appears on Thomas' face. "You look adorable, when you're shocked.", he whispers. Not wanting to ruin the quiet atmosphere.

"Why did you-" Newt starts to speak, but doesn't know how to end the sentence. Luckily, Thomas knows what he is thinking and hurries to explain why he left Newt alone in school.

"I was scared. I know about my feelings for you for a few weeks now and they still scare me. I really shouldn't have left you alone and I'm so sorry." While speaking, his face is getting closer and closer to Newts, so that the blonde boy can feel Thomas' warm breath on his own face. And then he can feel his lips on his own. A warm feeling floods trough his body, his cheeks heating up and his hands automatically moving to rest on Thomas' neck.

Thomas climbs into the bed, laying down beside Newt and softly stroking the other boy's face. He then presses little kisses to Newts cheeks, his forehead and his nose, not even stopping, when Lizzy comes to check on her brother again. He loves Newt and he doesn't want to hide that anymore.

***
Hi! How are you <3
I hope you liked it!!
~Emily