CHAPTER 24: White Occasion.

This is it. My happily ever after.        

            I thought of peeking at my room’s window, seeing the front yard all set... arranged into my dream wedding. Variant colors of different flowers lined on the aisle, giving the place a different vibe of nature. There were golden chairs on both sides and in front is a make shift stage. I saw some pack members finalizing some stuff downstairs and a couple of humans who are part of the service crew.

            I checked the wall clock and it’s only one in the afternoon. So, I still have three more hours to prepare for this big day of my life. My attention darted off to the wedding gown laid on my bed, suddenly making me feel what they call ‘wedding jitters’. I’m so freaking nervous and yet, utterly excited. I want to runaway and let my wolf out for a run, but I also love the feeling of my human form just waiting here in my room before the scheduled time. So you see, I really do have that opposite pole options running in my head right now... but I’m cool. Perfect.

            I once again gaze at my gown, staring at it dreamily. It’s like a bubble speech suddenly pop-out at the side of my head and there I am, wearing this beautiful gown. To my side is Lindon, donned in his black tuxedo, looks dashing as ever. He is holding my hand and we both have these wide smiles on our faces and...

             That moment of my daydreaming was interrupted when I heard soft knocks on the door. I walk towards it and open.

“Oh hi Olivia! C’mon in,” I cheerfully told her as I fully open the door for her to come in.

 “Good afternoon Ms. Elerie. How’s everything going?” she asks as she put her vanity box on my dresser.

“It’s great! Everything’s perfectly fine,” I smiled to her. Another knock comes in and when I open it, a young lady is carrying a tray with a teapot and cups on it. I get it from her after saying my thank you then place it on the table.

“I heard from Luanne that you love chamomiles and, here are some magazines for you to read...” she pauses, putting the magazines on the same table. “I’m telling you, these whole hair and make-up stuffs will take time. So have a cup later and indulge yourself with these readings, alright?” she asked me, smiling a bit. I nodded at her in understanding.

“I will, thank you,” I told her as I get up from my seat. “So, I’ll wash my face first then we can start?” I ask her.

 “Sure,” she replies, nodding. A forced smile formed on her lips when our eyes met. I wonder what’s with her that she suddenly felt so tensed and all.

Maybe she’s also having some jitters...

             I chuckled at myself with that thought. Shrugging off those irrelevant things, I walk towards the wash room and close the door behind.

<OLIVIA’S POV>

             I watched her back as she walks to the comfort room, feeling the guilt already eating me up. But, I instantly shove the thought of backing out on the side... remembering my conversation earlier with Damon.

            I am organizing all my make-up stuffs into my vanity box when I heard the door opens, then strong arms were wrapped around my waist. Damon nuzzled the crook of my neck and turns me to him.

“Again, let her first inhale or intake that wolf’s bane. It will stop her from communicating to the other pack members. If she fights back, stab her with the silver knife, understood?” he asks me, cupping my face.