CHAPTER 1: It's a disaster!

"There's nothing in here... Elerie," my best friend, Britanny, complained as she inspects every rack of the fashion boutique we are in. "My gosh! The owner must get the latest copy of Cosmo to see what's in from what's not," she said exasperated after rummaging the boutique and found no dress suitable to her liking.

I shook my head to her 'quite mean' comment and continue to look for a dress... at least a decent one that I can wear for tomorrow's big event of my dearest life. But I think Brit is right... all that were left here are dresses that I am pretty sure my granny will love.

"Should I grab a copy of Cosmo right now and give it to the owner?" Brit asked me... not sure if she's serious or not.

"Whatever Brit. C'mon, let's just go to another boutique before you do something crazy," I said to her smiling. Brit can be quite a lunatic sometimes.

"Like duh Elerie! This is the last fashion boutique of our town," she said to me while rolling her eyes.

"Oh..." the only thing that came out of my mouth while thinking where else could I get my dress.

"Hmmm... how about we go to Celadon?" Brit suggested. She's pertaining to the next town that is about an hour drive from our town.

"To Celadon then. It's been a while since we did some shopping there!" I excitedly said to her while we are going out, heading to my car that was parked outside.

"IKR!" she said giggling and we are both laughing while entering the car –off to Celadon.

Hmmm... this is the one.

I said to myself as I look at my reflection. The off-white lacy dress I am now wearing perfectly suits me.

"Hey Elerie... can I see it now?" Brit shouted from outside of the fitting room.

"Coming," I shouted back while looking for the last time at my reflection then step out of the room. "What do you think, Brit?" I asked her while turning around.

"I loooove it! It's so perfect bestie!" she said... beaming happily.

I look at the full-length mirror in front me and saw the next alpha of the pack. Yes, tomorrow will be the formal ceremony wherein my father will officially transfer his leadership to me.

I just graduated from the univ, now 22 years old and will take the responsibility of taking care of less than a hundred pack members. To some, this might sound a real burden. But I never think being an alpha to be that way. I love my pack and it will be an honour to serve them every day of my life.

Plus, all the alpha trainings I have for the past ten years of my life gives me this confidence... that I can deal with all these 'alpha matters'. And besides, my Dad promised me that he will always be at my back.

No problem... really.

I just hope everything will be according to the plan.

"A penny for your thoughts, Elerie?" Brit said out of the blue that made me snap back to reality.

"Nothing much... just thinking of tomorrow's event," I smiled at her and just shrugged my shoulder.

"Don't worry too much. Everything will be all right. You know that I'm so proud of you, right?" she said while patting my back, smiling at me.

"Really!?" I said, pretending to be really in shock.

"Cut the drama Elerie!" Brit said, rolling her eyes and I grinned.

"I know Brit... I know. Thank you for all this time."

"Whatever..." she said jokingly and we both laugh while hugging each other.

"Before river of tears starts to flow in here because we're such 'drama queens'... gotta go to the counter, Brit."

"Sure, have to go to the comfort room... Mother Nature is calling me," she winked and rushed towards the comfort room's direction.

After changing in my clothes, I brought the dress and headed to the counter –while looking at my phone. I am in the middle of reading my Dad's message when suddenly someone bumped at me... hard.

The electric current at the mere touch of our skin is noticeable. The smell is a him... masculine combined with the refreshing scent of pine trees. When I look up to him, I saw a pair of Prussian blue eyes that seems to see right through my soul. In that instant, I knew that he's the one... my mate.

With this realization, I can't help but to have a wide smile all over my face. That finally, after twenty years... I found him. I was about to speak when suddenly I saw the change in his eyes –from pure shock to disappointment? Even hatred?

My wolf starts to be agitated with the kind of look our mate is throwing at us. It is becoming restless. She said that there's something wrong. But before I can even ask him what's wrong... he stormed off the store and left me gaping at his disappearing figure.

"What the hell was that for?" I mumbled as headache struck me... maybe because of the thousand questions that keep on popping in my head.

I never imagined that my first meeting with my mate would be like this. I expect it to be some 'cheesy movie'... like he will grab my arm the moment he realize that I am her mate and hug me like his life depends on it. And everything around us seems to stop because it's only my mate and I that matters.

But clearly, with what happened a while ago... it's the antonym! The opposite! Negative!

My gosh... it's a disaster!

I am still having the aftershocks from what just happened, when it transpired to me that I am only holding the dress ...no phone.

Great, where's my dang phone?!

I search around the area and there I saw it near the trash bin at the right side of the cashier. So I hastily walk towards it and grab my phone on the floor. Good thing that it is still working... no major damage.

I am about to go back to the queue of customers at the counter when another phone caught my attention –just a little further from where I got mine. I pick it up and to my surprise... I saw the phone's wallpaper: some girl... with my mate.

Great.

I can feel my wolf protesting inside me –and myself, fuming because of jealousy.

...>...>...>...>...>...>...>...>... ...> ...> ...>...

Random question #1

Hi guys, just a lil curious, why do you love reading books with Werewolves as the genre?

 -In my case, I just love the idea of having the 'fated one' thing (I'm hopeless romantic like that, haha (^_^). That you can tell who he/she is once you saw him/her. In this world full of fake, for once, isn't it nice to be with the REAL ONE? 

What about you? I really wanna know!

  \(^0^)/