CHAPTER 7: The Second Strike.

“Lovely morning ladies!”

                 Lindon's mom greeted us as she makes her way to the kitchen. I am helping their housemaid in preparing for lunch.

 “Good morning Aunt Linnabeth,” I said to her, she smiled sweetly to me.

“Do you cook, Lauren?” she asked me while I am chopping the carrots into cubes. I nodded to her question.

“Not a master chef, though, Auntie,” I said.

 “That's alright. What's important is, you can cook. Just some more practice and I am pretty sure that you will be a master chef!” she delightedly said to me. I am actually smiling behind my scarf because of the pleasantry. “You know what sweetheart, whoever your mate is... he is a lucky wolf for sure,” she commented.

                My smile fades away with the remark.

 My bad... he thinks otherwise.

                The feeling of resentment towards him arouse with that thought. I projected my fury to the poor carrots... as if it's him, that I am chopping into tiny little pieces. Carried away too much with that thinking, I accidentally cut my index finger –blood made its way to the surface.

“Lauren! It's bleeding! Are you alright?” Aunt Linnabeth asked, almost hysterically.

“Yeah,” I said. I walk my way to the kitchen sink, open the faucet and wash my bleeding finger. Aunt Linnabeth put some ointment on the cut before placing a band aid. I'm about to once again, chop the carrots... but she stopped me.

 “You're so done with that, Lauren. But you can arrange the flowers and put it in the vase if you want. Just not the knife...” she said, her tone is like my mother whenever she's reprimanding me.

God... I miss them.

                So before I even burst out here into tears, I went out of the kitchen and sit at the couch in the living room. There I saw a beautiful bouquet of flowers consisting of angel's breath, star gazer and lots of jasmine –which filled the atmosphere with its scent. I gleefully arranged the flowers and put it in the vase.

This will be great if place as the center piece of the dining table... so everyone will notice –especially him.

                After arranging the flowers, I went back to the kitchen and saw Aunt Linnabeth already finished with the cooking. There maid is now setting the dining table.

 “Aunt Linnabeth, where should I put this?” I asked while holding the flower vase.

“Hmmm... what about at the table?” she said. I nod to her in agreement.

“This is perfect,” I commented after placing the flower vase at the center of the table.

“Yes, it is,” she said while looking at the flowers.

“Who gave you the bouquet?” I asked.

 “The delivery guy said it is from an ardent customer of the boutique saying her thanks,” she gladly said.

“Oh, sweet...” the only thing I've got to say as I sniff the flowers.

                Wasting time isn't in my vocabulary given that my death anniversary is approaching... really soon. No more time for dilly-dallying that's why after the first blow I gave him, I just waited for a two-day interval to give the second one. Thanks to online shopping, I managed to do things without leaving the house –and it's so hassle-free.