CHAPTER 30: After all.

<LINDON’S POV>

Finally.

             I deeply exhale as I stare at the Victorian-inspired house in front of me, drifting back to the conversation I had yesterday.

***

“Alpha,” Jeric calls out, knocking on the door.

“Come in,” I said, eyes still glued on the document I am reviewing.

         The door pushed open and I heard not one... but two pairs of footsteps. So I look up to know who it is –automatically getting up from behind my desk when I saw who owns it. Jeric bowed at me before taking his exit, closing the door behind.

“Elder Vladimir...” I lowered my head. “To whom I owe this sudden visit?” I ask –quite surprised with him being here— motioning to the chair in front of the table.

“I attended some business within the area. I decided to drop by,” he pauses, taking a seat. “We need to talk,” he said sternly, staring at me.

“Is it about h-her?” I ask. The drum-like beating of my heart is much louder than the voice that came out of me.

“Yes...” he nods, looking at my reaction. “I guess now is the right time,” he says after. I glare at him –can’t help but to feel annoyed.

“Six months Elder. Six months I felt so empty...” my voice louder than usual, teeth gritting. I pause, taking sharp breaths in and out. “W-Why only now?” I ask him, pain evident in my voice.

“Everything has a right time. Always remember that Alpha,” he says in a sympathetic tone.

          Elder Vladimir scribbled something on a piece of paper. After which, he stands from his seat and give it to me.

“That’s the address. We’ll be expecting you tomorrow,” he says, waiting for my reply. When I didn’t say anything, he started to walk towards the door.

“Thank you, Elder,” I manage to say before he touches the doorknob.

       He looks at me and smiled a bit, I almost thought it was just my imagination. The elder nods at me and I bow my head down, then he opens the door and I was left alone –excited yet agitated to see her.

***

   So after six months of waiting, I am now here –just few meters away from my mate.

        I continue to admire the house that has been Elerie’s home for the past six months she’s not with us. The intricate carvings on the huge iron gate and towering pillars speaks of aristocracy. I can say she’s been well taken care of.

        Walking to the front porch, I saw the gazebo at the side festooned with different species of orchids, all in its full bloom. I was so drawn to it I didn’t realize I’m about to hit the door in front of me. Good thing I did not –so I knock on it instead. After several seconds, it opens...

“Good morning Elder Vladimir,” I said, bowing my head in respect.

“Good to see you Alpha!” he greets back with such a bright smile –in which I seldom see. “Please come in,” he said as he opens the door fully.

         If the façade already speaks of extravagance, it’s nothing compared to the interior inside of it. Antique jars on every corner of the house add to the historic appeal of it. A huge wooden couch was located near the fire place engraved with different symbols I don’t recognize. But what really caught my attention is the huge painting hanging on the wall –a man in his tux, with a wide smile plastered on his face.