CHAPTER 12: Unmasked.

<DAMON’S POV>

                I’m starting to get pissed off each day that I woke up without hearing anything from the mysterious sender. He said he will keep in touch. But, it has been a month since the last time I heard from him. I’m running out of patience by the minute. So I decided to take some action –bold defiance with regards to his warning that I should not make a move without any consent coming from whoever he is.

 Who the hell is he to keep me waiting, anyway?

                 I commented in my thoughts as I am waiting for someone to bring me the thing –which, I hope, will bring me close as to who he really is.

“Sheriff...” a knocked on the door directed my attention towards it.

“Come in,” I ordered and the door opens. One of my police officers entered, with him a DVD case.

“Sheriff, an employee from the City’s Courier said that you requested for this,” he said as he put the DVD case on my table.

“Yeah. I specifically requested for that. You can go back to your post now,” I said and he courteously leaves the room right after bowing to me.

                I get the DVD case and a smirk formed in my lips... for I remember how reluctant they were to give me a copy of their CCTV on that day. They even argued to me that it’s in their policy to keep the privacy of their customers. But I never take a ‘NO’ for an answer. So what I did is to call the Sheriff of their district and wham! Although still hesitant, the manager said that they’ll just send it to me the next day.

                And I’m glad they did.

Talking about some police power here...

                I open the case and put it on the DVD-Rom of my laptop. After a few seconds, the video starts playing. It’s a 12-hours full length video of all of the transactions in the store that day. I am aware that his transaction happened in the morning so I glued my eyes on the screen, looking for my prime suspect.

                But my eyes grew tired of watching mediocre people going in and out who were –obviously— not the one I am looking for.

That Motherfucking son of a bitch is so elusive!

                It has been hours of staring at the screen and still, I found nothing. I checked the wall clock and its quarter to 12 already. I’ve been sitting here for 4 damn hours! So I decided to retire for a moment and maybe, just continue later.

                I’m about to close the application when I saw a blonde girl entered the office... with her sunglasses on. I paused for a while and scrutinize her.

Well, nothing’s odd.

                 I concluded after a minute of looking at her from the screen. Just before clicking the exit button on the video player, I caught something on her hand when she gave the bills to the cashier. I was stunned to see that, to say the least. Stunned up to the extent that I am starting to feel agitated and anxious seeing it on her.

                I calm down myself and my wolf as well, there’s still a need to validate things. So to ensure if I am seeing things right, that it’s not just my imagination playing tricks on me, I click for the pause button instead and zoom the particular scene on the screen.