CHAPTER 18: Bloodshed.

<LINDON'S POV>

“Curry for three points...” Jeric hangs, eyes not leaving the TV screen.

 “Woohooh!” the other guys roared as the said player shoot the ball.

“That's my man! Nice brother!” Jeric shouted, as if he's watching live.

“You're a lunatic,” I told him as I shook my head at his weird antics. Jeric, the lunatic, just had a goofy smile on his face.

                We just had our lunch and now, we're killing time on the living room before going back to our respective duties. Jeric and some of the male teenagers were all eyes on the NBA playoffs flashed on the screen, while I am busy surfing the net... reading about an article entitled ‘Top 10 Dinner Surprises’.

                After scrolling down the whole web page and found nothing interesting, I shove my phone inside my pocket and turned my attention on the basketball game. I'll just continue searching later on. Minutes after that, I felt my cellphone dinged so I get it.

<Mommy's Calling...>

                 I knotted my forehead seeing the name flashed on the screen.

“Mom?” no reply, just the heavy breathing on the other line. “Hey Mom, are you alright?” I called on once more.

“I-I'm fine, Lindon. But Venice just called up and she said the b-boutique is on f-fire,” she said in fear. I felt the goosebumps on my chest realizing what just happened.

“How about Elerie? Is she s-safe?” my voice trembled at the last word.

“T-There's still n-no news as of n-now,” she said in tears, almost hysteric. I can feel my knees weakening at what my Mom said.

“Mom, calm down. Where are you?” I managed to ask despite the dread creeping in my system.

“I p-parked the car 5 blocks away from the s-shop. I'm still shock, son. I c-can't drive,” she told me in between sobs.

“Stay where you are, Mom. We'll be there in a minute,” I told her then hung up the phone.

                The playful atmosphere in the living room suddenly became tense as all the boys were now looking intently at me –waiting for me to tell them what exactly happened.

“Mom's boutique was caught on fire. There's no news whether Elerie is safe,” I told everyone. Their eyes filled with terror.

                Wasting no time, we all get out of the pack house and hop in the car. I started the engine and step on the accelerator –the car speed away through the forest with F1 velocity.

                The normal thirty-minutes-drive going to town was cut off to half given how fast I am driving the car. It is in sync with the rapid pounding of my heart –especially when I tried to mind link with Elerie, but there's no answer.

 Something's must be really wrong.

        I thought along with all the unnecessary scenes flashing in my mind.

                 I stopped the car when I saw the yellow Volkswagen parked at the side of the road. I then get out to check my mother.