Chapter 27 Accepting Defeat

It was nighttime when Seulgi arrived at a place where Moonbyul instructed her to go and stated that upon arriving to this place, all decisions made will be on the spot and up to Seulgi. No turning back, No delaying. And before Moonbyul left to deal with the jerk actor with the help of the authorities, she left an intriguing question for Seulgi.

"What is it that you truly desire?"

That was all it took for Seulgi to stand where she is right now. A tall building with a lot of cameras flashing and people hoarding around the entrance. Securities were visible as the crowd gets larger and uncultivated.

The chief editor can clearly hear the protest about hating Irene for not following the flow and for also wrecking the name of a certain actor that Seulgi doesn't have any interest on hearing. But on the bright side there were also fans that are siding on the actress' actions, that it was a wake up call to the entertainment industry, that celebrities should have their freedom and not be used as alternation for company issues.

That was all Seulgi wanted to hear, that there were still people believing and admiring Irene for stepping up and revealing the truth. After a few minutes, finally, the person she's been waiting stepped outside of her company building. But much to her dismay, the people who hated her became hostile and started approaching her while spitting bad words toward her. The securities were evidently struggling on keeping the crowd until Irene could reach her vehicle.

The chief editor's original plan was to stay away from cameras as much as possible and just wanted to check Irene's state caused by the news. With Seulgi's identity being unnamed from the news and her personal information as Joy's daughter being strictly kept from the public, doing something that will cause a stir for the public to know and see her face was the least she wanted to do.

But a certain scene from her view made all those cautions vanish in a snap. "What the..." was all she uttered, seeing Irene getting thrown by raw eggs. Seulgi caught a glimpse of how the actress' expression changed, how it felt like she was about to break down any second.

Witnessing such scene, Seulgi unconsciously took her step to approach the location. With sight not being able to look away from the actress, Seulgi whispered, "Stop... Stop...". Not realizing her slow phase of approaching turned into running towards the actress, the next thing Seulgi remembered was standing in front of Irene, completely ignoring the thrown eggs that she's blocking, entirely being numb seeing Irene's state.

Adding to the distress she's feeling from what she's perceiving, was the look the actress was wearing when she looked up to see Seulgi. Those steams falling from her eyes, that eye makeup that's starting to smudge, those eyes that were frightful and sad. The chief editor can guarantee how it broke her seeing Irene like that.

Stretching her hand towards Irene, she stated "How about you come with me and leave these bullies behind?". It felt nostalgic for the actress. Just like back in high school, Seulgi appeared before her eyes to save her from the bullies of today. An unexpected gesture in such chaotic moment made Irene smile as her tears fall and didn't think twice before holding that hand.

Months had passed with Irene's revelation finally dying down from the public. With Jeric being sued for assaulting Seulgi and trespassing her home. The days passed not so smoothly with Seulgi ending up transferring to a new residence due to crazy Jeric fans harassing her in front of her old home which she taught the actor sent himself, and staying low key for a while on going outside to have a more quiet life.

To her mother's advice, Seulgi decided to live far from her old address than going out of the country. She explained that she had seen a lot inside the entertainment industry and things like this will come down in time which gradually happened.