Chapter 17 WHAT?!

The gloomy days for the three competitors for Seulgi's love have come but for the oblivious main character, it was a start of her normal busy day.

Seulgi pulled a drawer under her room's desk to take some stuffs for work but an envelope slid off from one of the piles that didn't go unnoticed by Seulgi.

Her eyes darted on the white envelope, tensing up a little, Seulgi had a hunch of the envelope's content. With eyes starting to darken, she placed what she's holding on the desk and knelt down to pick the what seemed to be an old envelope. It was neat with a little stain of age on it's edges like it was there for a while. Seulgi let out a bitter smile.

She sat down on her chair and flipped the envelope to read.

To: Bae Joohyun

Seulgi can't helped but lower her eyes as she started being in trance remembering her bitter past.

"I waited that time, Joohyun... but you never came..."

Then Yooa crossed her mind. She thought that if Yooa's confession was true, she would be amazed and envious to her for being brave and confident. She always admired Yooa for being straight forward and just being herself.

"And there's Eunae who's Yooa's perfect contradiction. She's timid most of the time, being careful of her words but can be playful to her close friends. And there is..." she continued.

A realization came to her. She thought that Irene looked like Joohyun but her thoughts argued it to be impossible.

"That's impossible. Joohyun can never be the confident ice queen actress. She's an introvert" Seulgi was satisfied with her own argument letting out a smile of disbelief on her sudden thought.

"Who knows? People change." Seulgi almost jumped in horror with the sudden voice because for the last time she remembers, she lives alone.

"HEY! MOONBYUL!!! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" she protested while catching her breath as she holds her chest.

"What? I was numerously pressing the doorbell but you never open up. I see you're busy thinking about Irene" Moonbyul teased basing on the few last words she heard.

"Oh. Really?" Seulgi chuckled in disbelief when she realized that she was evidently in deep thought for not hearing the ringing of her door bell.

"Looks like someone won already" Moonbyul mumbled.

"What?" Seulgi asked upon not hearing the last words.

"I said people change. Just like how you changed compared to the Seulgi I knew back in high school" diverting Seulgi's attention from her last statement which was successful. Seulgi was just silent turning her eyes on the envelope she was holding.

"If that's true then she doesn't remember us because she never approached to state that it was her all along" almost a whisper, Seulgi stated.

If that's true and she doesn't even slightly remembers me...

I'll be more broken- hearted...

At Irene's Home

With the windows shut down by the thick curtains, the television lights shines through the dim room. Soullessly switching channels on her television, Irene sulked at the corner of her sofa with palm on her chin and elbow on the sofa's arm rest, evidently showing her frown as the light of the television hits her face.