Chapter 18 Brave Love

"JERIC! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" the angry manager burst inside the waiting room but the latter seems not to care.

"What? I did that to divert the company's issues. I'm a hero" with a narcissist smile, Jeric proudly stated. He sat on the couch like a total boss displaying her overflowing confidence as he added "And besides, forcing Irene to date me won't be that bad" Jeric fully knows that Irene's company won't deny this lie because him and the CEO have a close relationship, that they will force Irene to ride along on this act.

"Oh please, for all we know, you like Irene for quite some time now but the actress doesn't show any interest on you. You did that to force her to date you and helping the company issues were just on the sides" the manager countered.

"Oh my. I guess you know me well" smirking, the arrogant actor replied.

On Irene's Agency

"But!" the actress tried to protest but was stopped when her manager gestured her finger in the air. "No buts, Irene. The CEO said that you need to play along with him until Jeric's company issues die."

"He's a JERK! You've seen that! He's staining my reputation! His fans are now furious about me taking him away from them. That I was a snake in disguise." Again, Irene protested and all her manager could do was sigh. She fully knows where Irene's words were coming from.

"You've been an actress for years, you should know by now that things like this should be acted out too. I'm really sorry Irene. It's good that your drama filming ended. You can take your break for a few weeks or months until everything were settled again" the manager tried to convince but Irene's upset face was evidently shown.

"I can't believe you're ruining my career over him! I can't believe I'm in this agency for years!" Irene shouted in frustration. Sitting abruptly on the chair, Irene sulked like a kid as she releases her frustrations by slamming the armrest consecutively with her hands.

Getting the hint of leaving her for a while due to her outburst emotion, the manager left their office, leaving Irene alone inside and before Irene would realize it, tears fell from her eyes, tears of hatred and anger to be precise. The only thing she could do was cry in this inescapable situation. Hugging her legs as she shoved her face on her arms, Irene continuously cried.

"Seulgi..." she mumbled between her sobs.

"I want a hug from you right now..."

After a few days of contemplating on what to do, Irene decided to stay low in disguise and have her free time in Wendy's library café. A few days of thinking but nothing came to Irene's mind to help herself from the situation.

With eye bags evidently shown due to stress, not enough sleep, Irene kept on fidgeting her hand phone, torn between the urge to call someone as she stood behind café's counter.

Wearing a gray hoodie with hair a little bit messy compared to her normal composed look, Irene was caught in trance.

Irene's point of view

I wanted to call her the moment the news broke. I wanted to explain like I'm obliged to tell her that it was not true, that I'm dating nobody.

But at the same time, I'm afraid that I'll get rejected or the thought of that certain what if scared me.

What if she asked me why...

Why I'm explaining to her...

That thought made me paused and hold everything in because if that certain scenario happened, I have no other choice...