Chapter 10 (Path 2)

ARE YOU KIDDING ME I SPENT HALF AN HOUR WRITING THIS AND IT GOT DELETED IM MAD

Clint POV

It's been a few hours since the building exploded. The fire department arrived not long ago and put out the fire. Stark thinks that it was a targeted bombing, meant to kill. Most of the Avengers have been cleared out, but Y/N is still missing. My nerves are starting to get to me. What if they didn't escape?

A firefighter walks out of the crumbled remains of Avengers Tower and shakes their head. I collapse to my knees, tears springing to my eyes. They didn't find Y/N...they're gone.

Three years later

It's been three years since Y/N was killed in the explosion. Laura and I have been married for a year, but it's not the same. We decided to adopt, so here I am headed to the adoption center.

As soon as I enter the building, my eyes are drawn to a small child with H/L, H/C hair, E/C eyes, and S/T skin. They're sitting in the corner away from everyone else, playing with a toy dog and bobcat. I carefully approach them and sit down.

"Hi there. My name is Clint. What's yours?"

The child looks up at me with surprise. "My name is Y/N."

My heart skips a beat and I smile. "Well Y/N, would you like to come home with me?"

Y/N's eyes brighten. "Really?"

"Yes, really."

*(time skip because I don't know how adoption works)*

I pull up to Laura and I's farmhouse and unbuckle Y/N's car seat. I walk up to the porch and give Laura a hug.

"Laura, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is your new mommy."

Y/N hugs her toys to her chest and waves to Laura.

"Do you want something to eat sweetie?" Laura smiles softly. Y/N nods and I hand her to Laura. They walk into the house and I look to the forest surrounding the house.

A shadowy figure stands at the edge of the forest, leaning against a tree. Their shadowy eyes meet mine.

'Thank you for giving me my Y/N back.'

This was supposed to be Path 1 but Wattpad got angry at me and changed it so...here you go.