Chapter 5

Hi everyone. I am in pain. I just got my braces. Going for spacers next week. Anyways, enjoy the chapter.

You were shaken awake by someone who was obviously persistent.

"Y/N WAKE UP!" they screamed in your ear. You brought your hand up and smacked them. "Ow.."

"Clint go away! Let me sleep," You groaned.

"No can do my little Nightingale. Up and at em!" You heard the scraping sound of metal against metal, indicating that Clint had opened the curtains.

"Clint. That's not gonna do anything."

"Oh. Right," he laughed sheepishly then yanked you out of bed and tossed you on the floor, "But that sure will!"

You grumbled and got to your feet. "Get out Barton. I'm gonna get dressed."

"I had Nat set out some clothes for you seeing as you couldn't-" he cleared his throat "See what you were choosing," he handed you a bundle of clothes and left the room. (Because I cant find a way to describe your outfit without Y/N seeing it, it's basically black jeans, combat boots, and a silver camo long sleeve. You can also tie a jacket around your waist if you want!)

***time-skip***

You stepped out of your room and asked the A.I., "Friday? Do you know where Clint is?"

"Yes Ms. Y/L/N. He is currently in the living area. Place your hand on the wall and I will guide you there," the A.I. spoke kindly. You placed your hand on the wall and it began to vibrate dully. (Did I spell that right?)

You followed the vibrating path into the elevator, which brought you to the floor Clint was on. You stepped out and were greeted immediately by happy barking. You jumped, seeing as the noise was louder to you than to anyone else.

"Hey Y/N!" Clint said. You felt him grab your shoulders and steer your towards the sound of a panting dog. There was a tugging sensation in your gut and suddenly you were looking out of Clint's eyes. 'Gotta get used to that' you thought. Sitting in the center of the room, was an adorable adolescent husky. It had warm gray/brown eyes and a dark gray/white coat.

 It had warm gray/brown eyes and a dark gray/white coat

You squealed and darted forwards. You crouched down in front of the husky and it licked your face. You giggled and kissed it's head. It pushed its head under your hand and you were suddenly looking through its eyes. You looked absolutely child-like sitting there grinning from ear to ear. The husky looked directly into your bright E/C eyes. You could feel it's gaze. It was warm and friendly.

"Do you like him? I had Stark look for a good dog that could help with being blind," Clint said. The dog turned to face him. Clint was crouched next to you, staring at you with big wide eyes.

"He's perfect," You smiled.

"Glad you like him. Comes from a long line of military and service dogs. Can sniff out bombs and is great with kids."

You laughed quietly and stood up. The dog pressed against your leg lightly enough that you could walk, but enough that you could see through his eyes.

"What you gonna name him?"

"Hmmmm...how about Nanuk?" (Inuit word for Polar Bear. I had to look up names cause I struggle)

"Perfect. Welcome to the Avengers, Nanuk and my little Nightingale," Clint gave you his special little smirk, took your hand, and kissed your knuckles. You hit the back side of his head and he chuckled, "Ow.."

Stark, Natasha, and Captain Rogers all walked in.

"You like him?" Stark asked.

You nodded and Natasha came forward. She grabbed your hands and began to pull you towards the elevator. Nanuk kept pace with you two. When you reached the elevator, Natasha pressed the floor that all the bedrooms were on and spoke. "I want to get to know you better. There's only a few girls in this Tower and we need to stick together. We're having a girls night in my room with Wanda."

You beamed, "Yay!"

***time-skip to next day cause I have no idea what adults do at sleepovers***

You snuggled deeper into your sleeping bag when someone opened Nat's bedroom door and began to yell at everyone to get up. Nanuk raised his head from where he lay beside you and barked loudly at the person waking everyone up. Nanuk then put him head on your back.

"Go away Stark," Wanda grumbled.

"No can do Maximoff. You're supposed to be training with Rogers, Romanoff, and the recruits today," the genius said. His voice got closer to the huddle of girls laying on the ground, "And you, miss Y/N, are training with Clint later."

Everyone groaned and slowly got out of their sleeping bags. Nanuk pressed against your leg and you began to look for the clothes you packed in a bag. Nat and Wanda were doing the same. You picked out a F/C shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Stark! Get out!" Nat picked up a pillow and chucked it at the playboy.

"Alright, alright! Relax Romanoff. I'm going," his footsteps disappeared down the hall.

"Close the door!" You yelled.

"I cannot be controlled!"

You all chuckled and Wanda closed the door with her powers.

***time-skip***

You knocked an arrow into place, pulled the string back, and aimed it at the target. 'Ready..aim..fire!' You thought. The arrow struck just a few inches to the right of the bullseye.

"You haven't lost your skill," Clint commented from behind you.

"Maybe you're just getting rusty," you teased.

"Haha, very funny. Try again."

You grabbed another arrow from your quiver and felt Nanuk press against your leg. He looked at the target and you crouched down to his level to get a better angle. You closed one eye and took a deep breath. You released the arrow and it embedded itself in the center of the target. You grinned and squealed. Clint came up and hugged you. Nanuk yipped and stood on his hind legs, placing his paws on Clint's arm, which were wrapped around you. He growled slightly and Clint chuckled.

"Well, at least I know that Nanuk will keep you safe," Clint stated. You giggled, knowing that Nanuk and Clint would be by your side, no matter what.

Another successful chapter! I'm trying to stall this as much as possible to make it more dramatic. Have a good day/night!

Yours truly,
тихий горный солдат