.3.

Jeon Jungkook was 14 when he decided that his life did not, in fact, suck much at all. And the reason for this was in part because there was a Kim Taehyung in it.

Two more years to go and Mr Kim would teach him how to ride a bike. Jungkook couldn't wait.

He also couldn't forget the way the man had coolly added 'if I'm still around', nonchalantly alluding to the possibility of him getting killed before then.

Better not dwell on that.

Opening his wardrobe, he looked for the semi-formal outfit he was supposed to wear today, at the inauguration of Uju World, a space-theme park which main ride was a zero-gravity flight. He really hoped they'd let him try it. After all, that was the whole point of having a dad president: priority access to the best of what South Korea had to offer in terms of technology including robotics, cybernetics, and in this case, space travel.

The press was going to be there, of course, as well as 1000 lucky winners of a national lottery conducted by the state-owned company behind Uju World. Jungkook didn't need a ticket though. He'd be cutting the ribbon next to his parents, smiling at the crowd and not doing much else. With Taehyung by his side at all times, he was hoping his father would let him roam around the park, even if it meant having to mingle with the visitors.

In other words, he was in a good mood and the day was looking great.

Three hours later and the seemingly great day had turned into a nightmare. Lying on the ground, Jungkook could feel his head pounding from his fall onto the concrete surface. His eardrums were painfully ringing, and his breathing was hampered by a weight on his body.

Taehyung.

It all had happened in a heartbeat. One minute, he was jumping off the inauguration stage as the ceremony ended with cheers from the audience gathered around it. And the next, he had found himself boxed in two strong arms as Taehyung shielded him from a blast which, if the screams were any indication, had been deadly.

There was smoke. A lot of it. And heat. But was it caused by the scorching sun above or by a nearby fire, the boy couldn't tell. All he could think of right now was his parents, who had obviously been the target of this vicious attack.

"Mr Kim? Get up! I need to go check on them!"

No movement. That alone should have been enough of a clue to set the teen thinking. Yet nothing clicked. Nothing made sense.

"Kim Taehyung? Taehyung?! —"

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡