.7.

The gravesite was located on the sunny slope of an ancient mountain facing the East Sea. A luxury really, given the increasing shortage of land which forced people to bury their loved ones in communal cemeteries. But the Jeon family had owned the area for quite some time now, allowing the Jeon ancestors to enjoy one of the most peaceful final resting places in the country.

Taehyung walked around the freshly built mound and read the stone tablet standing in front of it to confirm the identity of the individual lying underneath the already growing grass.

Jeon Jungkook

Bending his knees, he sat on the ground next to it, careful not to disturb the lawn. Jungkook had lived a long and fruitful existence. And Taehyung had made sure no harm ever came to him. Now that the man was gone, Taehyung could finally make use of the auto-shut-off feature he had asked Namjoon for decades ago.

A year from now, when the family would return to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Jungkook's passing, they'd find the humanoid guarding the grave and probably freak out at first. They might research its identity and discover what he was. It would be likely, however, that no one would remember who he was.

Jeon Jungkook's protector.

But that was no longer a concern for Taehyung who had fulfilled his assignment and was presently shutting down. The last images his memory saved were those of the shimmering ocean below, gently rippling under the beaming sun.

Beautiful.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡