19. It's time

Jess apparated into her room to avoid anyone seeing her in just Fred's shirt.

It wasn't like him to just leave without saying anything, so her mind went into complete overdrive wondering whether she'd said too much or pushed him too far.

Deciding to have a quick shower to freshen herself up, she made a mental note that when she saw him, she would put anything she'd said or done down to having a little too much to drink.

It wasn't a complete lie, she'd certainly been more jolly, but she definitely hadn't been drunk. Her and Fred had spent far too much time dancing to actually drink much.

After a quick shower and change, she composed herself and went down into the kitchen. Most people weren't up yet, but Mr and Mrs Weasley were sat talking about some family members who'd been at the party, Dudley was eating cereal and George was sat with what looked like a black coffee.

The clock on the wall read eight thirty, and considering that Fred and Jess hadn't slept until almost three, his absence left her feeling uneasy.

"M-m-morning," George yawned raising a hand to her.

She nodded at him. Dudley raised his spoon towards her in greeting and Mr and Mrs Weasley smiled at her in acknowledgement.

"Angelina still in bed?"

George nodded. "Wish I was," he grumbled.

"Why are you up so early then?"

"Not a clue, but I couldn't get back to sleep."

Jess leaned over to him, "can I speak to you - in private?"

He frowned, but got up followed Jess into the lounge. When he walked in, he saw her pacing around the room.

"Are you alright? You seem really on edge." His voice had a twinge of worry.

"Two things. Do you know where Fred is at all?" she asked.

"Yeah, he was up quite early and went with Lee. Something to do with setting up his radio show or something. He said he'll be back later."

Jess bit her lip and nodded.

"Apparently I wasn't awake enough to be much help," he complained, but then he shrugged. "In fairness, they're not wrong."

"Okay, I just wondered why he upped and left that's all."

"Why, did something happen?"

"No, I just think I may have been too obvious with feelings, and I don't know if it made him awkward."

"Jess, don't buy that crap about 'just friends' for one minute." George sat down and signalled her to sit next to him. "He's definitely not left because of that."

She nodded again.

"And what's the second thing?" He asked.

"I want my memories back. I don't think it's a good idea to show him anymore. So much has changed between us in the past few days and I don't think it's relevant. Or important," she muttered, dropping her eyes to her hands.

"Jess, I - er- he already has them."

Jess looked up at him; he was grimacing an apology.

"Shit," she whispered. "Since when?"

"Since Tuesday, after our morning dance session," he chuckled lightly.

"He never said," she murmured. "And he knew what they were?"

George nodded. "I explained why you gave them me and everything, so yes, he knows."

"I don't know if I can - I don't know if he should -" she stumbled.