10 - *Ignore the Crying Scum*

Chapter 10  – Ignore the Crying Scum

Chapter 10 – Ignore the Crying Scum

Southern Ukraine, 2013

On the coast of Southern Ukraine lied a smattering of cliffs. Twisted into artifices of nightmare and dread in the dead of night. A distant lighthouse dimly blinked a pathetic yellow glow. Dying before it even reached the shore.

Silence ruled this edge of the world. Rough waves plunged into the jagged cliffs. Even the seas primordial presence was somehow muted. Holding its breath.

The faint whirring of an aircraft cut through the air.

"Okay Delacour, run by the plan one last time." The commanding voice of Maria Hill ordered from inside the jet. Her physical appearance unchanged from the events of New York. Except maybe having a soft spot for the certified troublemaker stood in front of her.

"I jump out of the plane." Ophelia mimed herself jumping out of the plane.

"Mm hmm." Maria hummed.

"I land quiet like Nat taught me." She paced back and forth in the plane.

"Correct."

"Then I beat the scum in a blaze of fury, save the girls then get back to my Brooklyn nine-nine marathon with mama." Ophelia nodded firmly, giving herself a resounding pat on the back.

"No! Ophelia you're meant to quietly detain and rescue." Maria explained with exasperation.

"Didn't I just say that?!" She wondered aloud, a look of bewilderment on her face. A flashing screen soon got the arguing women's attention. Alerting them to the nearing drop zone.

"Just make sure the girls are safe, alright? No elaborate schemes or explosions." Maria sternly stressed to the disgruntled brawler. "The relief squad will follow you about fifteen minutes after you land." 

"Take all the fun out of it why don't you." She grumbled to herself before sobering up. Becoming serious with the mission parameters she's been given.

"The girls are the main priority." Ophelia nodded in affirmation to the Deputy Director, stepping up to the jets open hatch. She pulled on a black and gold metal mask that covered the bottom half of her face; replacing the cloth one she'd had before.

The Chitauri invasion happened nearly a year ago, and its aftermath made things a lot more complicated for Ophelia.

The world governments weren't exactly pleased with Fury's unwillingness to give any information on the unknown Atlas. Her file still wasn't listed on SHIELDs database. Her identity wasn't even given let alone the true nature of her powers. Fury kept every single bit of material on the brawler close to his chest. The elusive spy was still paranoid with the ramifications of Ophelia's abilities on the current political landscape.