13 - *To Live Like Gods*

Chapter 13 – To Live Like Gods

Ophelia breathed in the universe.

Its immortal majesty cradled her like a lost child come home as she hurtled through the Bifrost. Stars spun in lazy circles through space, painting the story of life and loss to trillions of souls.

Light shattered around her, bleeding vibrant reds and cool blues at the naked eye. A kaleidoscope of beauty and eternity surrounded the awestruck hero. Peaceful chaos settling within her as her eyes took in the source of her power.

A simple picture couldn't even compare to this. Some piece of those heavenly entities existed inside her; she carried these ethereal giants with her every breath.

'What a terrible privilege to have' Ophelia thought as the Bifrost cut through the cosmos to reach Asgard. She was almost disappointed when her feet found solid ground. The rainbow light was replaced by a solid gold observatory-type room.

Thor and Jane landed beside a heaving Ophelia as the Bifrost whirled to a stop. In the middle of the room stood an armoured man resting his sword on what looked like a dial. Ophelia had read up extensively on Norse Mythology after the debacle of New York. After researching the myths and legends of the Asgardians, she guessed that the man in front of her was Heindall. The watchman of Asgard.

"We have to do that again." Jane breathlessly spoke, a giddy grin on her face until she noticed the armoured man.

"Hi." She awkwardly said.

"Thanks for the warning at least." Ophelia directed at Thor, gasping from the journey and leaning her hand on the wall for support.

"Welcome to Asgard." Heimdall greeted, a secret smile on his face as he looked at the two newcomers. His golden eyes lingering on the armoured Ophelia a moment longer, sensing a hum of familiarity for some reason.

"Can I get some water?" The brawler asks, her face scrunched with heavy breath.

As Ophelia nurses a cup of wine, Jane is poked and prodded by an ensemble of Asgardian medics. She asked for water, but the brawler isn't complaining in the slightest.

If there was one word to describe Asgard for her, it would be heavenly. A planet that lived in perpetual springtime, the sun always shining with clear blue skies and a never-ending harvest. Even the royal palace made the realm of Asgard look like the inspiration of heaven. Towering spires of solid gold piercing the sky like lances, a crowning jewel for the nine realms.

Leaning against a column as Jane is being tended to, Thor looked to Ophelia in expectation.

"Okay, I'll admit this is really cool." She lifted her goblet in appreciation to him as he bowed his head theatrically.