22 - *Homerun*

Chapter 22 – Homerun

For a second time, Ophelia found herself landing uncomfortably on Asgard. A stern-faced Heimdall guarding the city in silence as the light of the Bifrost flickered behind her.

The first thing she did after exiting the Bifrost was collapse on her hands and knees like a puppet with its strings cut. Her golden cape hugged her body like a silent protector, pooling around her sides as she caught her breath.

The brawler stiffly raised her head, blinking slowly as her eyes took the new environment. Once her mind registered where she was, Ophelia's face fell as panic overtook her.

"Take me back," She rasped out, stumbling to her feet as her tired dark green eyes met an apologetic Heimdall's. "Please take me back."

"Take me back!" Ophelia's voice cracked as she tried to shout, collapsing on the steps that led to the guardian's watchpoint. "I only just found him again. Take me back!"

Heimdall released his grip on the great sword that controlled the Bifrost. Stepping off the raised dais to crouch to Ophelia's level. His golden eyes scanning the ugly black and blue splotches on her neck; imprinted in the shape of a large hand. The blood vessels in her eyes had burst violently, filling what was once white with red.

"I'm sorry, my lady." Heimdall sighed quietly, guiding Ophelia to sit more comfortably on the steps of the dais. "I made a promise that as soon as I could. I'd bring you home."

"You and your brother have different paths you must walk on." He said, his golden eyes subtly glowing with primordial light. "Different enemies to vanquish and different people to meet."

"You will see him again," Heimdall reassured, a secret smile dancing on his lips. "Much sooner than you might expect."

"Is he safe?" Ophelia croaked.

"I can see him," Heimdall said.

Meanwhile

"Ophelia?!" Louis yelled out once again, his eyes darting across the empty platform that once held his sister.

"What happened?" Bill called out, rushing into the room frantically as the dying embers of a star burned outside.

"I don't know!" Louis stressed, pacing back and forth as Gamora knelt next to the puddle of purple blood. "One minute she's here, the next a beam of rainbow light takes her away."

"Rainbow light?" Bill questioned until his face cleared up in realisation. "Asgard found her. She's allied to them, don't worry Ophelia's safe."

"Safe? She's gone!" Louis raked his hand through his hair with frustration.

"I just wish I got to say goodbye first." The Korbinite frowned in melancholy as he realised his first friend was now lightyears away from him.

"The place is called what? Asgard?" Louis asked, plans whirling in his head to get Ophelia back. "We know where she is, let's just steal a ship and go find her."