~Hogwarts bound~

Y/n pov-

I just woke up ready to go to Diagon Alley

Only 5 days till I go off to Hogwarts for the very first time!

I was extremely worried that I would have turned out to be a squib (not that there is anything wrong with that). It would've been completely devastating if I were, but when I received that letter from Hogwarts; it was one of the greatest days of my life.

I had gotten accepted, so you would have thought that that would cure my anxiousness but instead I think it may have worsened it.

With that fact of making friends, which house I'd be in, getting good grades, and maybe even finding a cute boy. But I doubt it, if they think my brother is cute then the school probably has very ugly looking boys.

My brother, Cedric, has been there for a few years. (This is his third year to be exact which he will NOT let me forget).

I'm just ready to see which house I get sorted into. Dad really has his hopes up saying that there is no way I won't be in Hufflepuff, but to be honest I don't feel like I belong there.

Sometimes thinking about all the houses; i don't feel like i'd fit into any of them properly. What if my worst fear comes true and the sorting hat tells me that i'm not fit to be in any house. But I know I have to be overthinking because that's not possible. Right?

I am not quite sure what house I want to be in. Mum says it's alright no matter what house I get sorted into but i know that they all want me to be sorted into "the house of the badgers".

As I got ready to go purchase my school items for the first time I was called down by my mom rushing me to get my pancakes.

Yup, just what I suspected. Pancakes with chocolate chips and a nice large mug filled to the rim with coffee. Two things in the world that I could simply not live without. But I always found myself unable to clear the plate out of anxiousness.

I was minding my own business when Cedric ran into the room with excitement.

"— So little Mel, nervous you'll be a loser with no friends?" Cedric sneered.

"— Why do you keep pestering me with that nickname? I already told you to stop calling me that it's Y/n get it through you're fat head! Mom tell him to stop calling me that!"

"— knock it off the both of you we have a big day ahead of us. Ced and little Mel- I mean y/n, sorry dear i won't call you that in public,  just finish up eating so we can leave already. "

Cedric just snickered and we quickly finished our food in quiet. (If you could ignore Ced and his stupid chuckles in between the silence.)

Cedric or as I called him "troll" because he looks like one; every year never stops growing I swear it's annoying. He has made it perfectly clear that this year he has decided that he will be trying out for seeker. And trust me he has made it VERY CLEAR.

-(I will be making up some of his friends names so if you've never heard of some of the names bugger off.)—

After breakfast we headed out to get ready for school. To spare any lies it was more uneventful than I anticipated. However, it was all worthwhile when my parents took me to the pet store and allowed me to get whichever one I wanted.

It was actually quite a difficult task since I had quite a love for animals, but nothing else mattered anymore when I saw a small snowy owl.

Something about this little creature seemed to stand out to me.

It was fate, it had to have been. He looked almost doll like.

He had little ears that stuck out like a cat with the fluffiest white hair I've ever seen. The type that felt like silk when you touched it. His beak was so petite and cute if he pecked me with it trying to attack I could not possibly stay mad, with his big eyes that held so much hope and adorableness.

I knew that whatever connection I felt to this little owl; he felt back. This owl was destined for me. He was not super big, for he was only a baby, yet he looks as if he would have no trouble carrying a letter or package so I suppose he would do.

After my parents bought him I decided that his name would be Bacon

After my parents bought him I decided that his name would be Bacon. Because there is nothing better than bacon!

We quickly finished off our excursion with some ice cream and headed home. Of course, much to big for me to finish, due to the how much ice cream they give you at the shoppe. I can't believe it. I'm going to Hogwarts.

ME Y/n Diggory IS GOING TO HOGWARTS!! I guess I am really Hogwarts bound.

Sorry this is short this I am new to this tell me if you like it sorry if you don't. Leave me tips if any. i am fairly new to this but i have been going in and re editing  most of the parts of the story to make it better, longer and more put together. If you have already read this and saw that i had unpublished it this is why but i will be re publishing it. i had grown out of my wattpad obsessed phase but i think it may be coming back. anyways i really do like this story or how it is turning out so far but sorry if you think its cringy and bad. i will be including the word count mainly for me because i like to see how many words i've written. and if i'm reading i like to see how many words i read!