~The sorting hat~

Y/n pov

I woke up this morning. Bright and early and ready for a new chapter in my life. It's a little nerve wracking being a first year and all.

I am extremely anxious, although I'll never admit that out loud, I was utterly terrified. I could hardly sleep last night.

There was simply too much excitement coursing through my veins.

"Today is the day I will be shipped off like a piece of muggle mail never to return to this place I once called home." y/n said.

"Oh shut up melon." Mum said.

"How rude" I gasped. "Really mother you of all people had to do me like that?"

But she just laughed in response and playfully rolled her eyes before walking off to check on the other two lazy children in our house.

It only took her 10 minutes of prying before Dad and Ced walked down the stairs to join us for breakfast.

After some WAY to enthusiastic conversation for that early in the morning, we headed of to Kings Cross.

To my surprise, the always rude Cedric pulled me to the side and whispered to me,

—"Hey, It doesn't matter which house you get sorted into, well as long as it isn't Slytherin. Or Gryffindor. Ravenclaw is okay but you would make a horrible Ravenclaw."

   "Thanks for the pep talk; totally made me feel better!" I replied sarcastically.

    "Sorry I just can't imagine you as anything but a Hufflepuff. There is no way you're not one. I'm going to be so mad if you're not made a Hufflepuff. After, I'll introduce you to some of my friends they'll love you Mel."

"Shut it! You've been calling me that all summer and I've got to say, it isn't my favorite nickname!" I replied while he pulled me into a hug,

"You better not call me that while we are there!"

I whisper yelled threateningly as we made our way to our parents who had our trunks.

"I'll call you D for Diggory but that's the best you'll get!" Ced said which honestly was the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

  "But that's weird it'll confuse everyone my first name doesn't even start with a D!"

(For those who do ignore the sentence above)

"They don't have to get WE get it. Now knock them dead D!"

After making our way to the train station I watched as Ced found one of his friends Ernie Macmillan and they both headed into the border without even thinking about it.

Obviously this isn't the first time I've gone through the border. I did it a few times whenever we had to drop or pick up Cedric. But this is the first time I am not returning home after the train leaves the station.

This year I am not returning home until Christmas and that is if I chose to stay. My mum said it was fine if i chose to stay. Depending on how it's going. Friend wise mainly.

We just finished wrapping up our goodbyes when it was finally time for me to board the train. "This is it" I thought this is my chance to make a friend in one of these compartments.

    Be brave y/n you can do this.

Until I found a compartment at the corner where no one was in.

Well better alone I guess. But who knows maybe some other people will ask to join me.

It didn't really matter I suppose.

I looked out the window and waved to my parents. I can't believe this I'm gonna miss them so much.