'Love you' || Tsukishima

'~ aaa this is my first one shot, i hope you enjoy it ~'

The sounds of students laughing and talking amongst themselves filled the classroom, I spaced off as I stared at Kei's notebook in front of me, attempting to process his words but sadly, they came in one ear and out the other.

"Oi shorty, are you even listening?" I looked up at the grumpy blond, his pen twirling around his fingers as he looked down at me. He pointed at a section of my notebook, smirking as he leaned in before he said, "No wonder your grades suck, you're always doodling."

I groaned as I pulled my notebook away, putting it over my face as I sighed into it. Kei laughed as he flicked his pen on the back of my notebook. "Come on, I'm supposed to be helping you with your homework so don't make this harder. Teaching you is hard enough." He commented with a snarky tone, clicking his tongue as he waited for me to listen.

I closed my eyes as I slowly dropped my notebook down. I opened my eyes, holding my breath as I stared into Kei's eyes. He leaned in closer, our lips only a few inches away from touching. He smirked huffily before he was cut off by Kageyama hitting the top of his head in a karate chop movement.

"Oi boke, quit flirting with [Y/N] would you? You're helping the rest of us too, not just her." Kageyama grunted as he and Kei glared at each other, Hinata groaned as he ruffled his hair as he said, "I don't get it!! Why do you get to be smart and date [Y/N]?!" He was genuinely frustrated, his striking gaze was cut off by Kageyama pulling at his hair. "Boke! Hinata boke! Do you have to emphasize it?!" Kageyama cried out his usual insult, making me and Yamaguchi laugh as Kei rolled his eyes, focusing back on his notebook.

"Tsukki! Could you explain this part?" Yamaguchi asked as he bent down, placing his notebook on top of Kei's. He swiftly pointed at what he was referring to and Kei explained, Kageyama and Hinata still squabbling in the background. I laughed at the different vibes I was getting from the two pairs of friends, despite all of us being friends, they really were an odd bunch when put together.

I focused on my own notebook, solving the equations Kei had written down in my notebook for me to practice. I rested my cheek on my closed fist, tapping my feet on the ground as I wrote down the solution. I hated studying but Kei's explanation were better than the teacher's, and he was a lot more patient with me compared to with Hinata and Kageyama. Kei had finished explaining to Yamaguchi, he quickly faced me, attentive in case I had any questions. Yamaguchi made Hinata and Kageyama calm down and just ask questions from him, leaving Kei to help me.

"Did I do it right?" I asked hesitantly as I looked up at Kei with uncertain eyes, rotating my notebook for him to read. I wasn't as smart as him but I did try my best. That was enough, Kei reassured me of that multiple times.

Kei held up a hand to his mouth as he gasped sarcastically, examining my notebook. "My girlfriend's maturing. She solved the geometry problems by herself." He said as he fake wiped a tear from his eye, I laughed and reached up for my notebook which he held up in the air, out of my reach. 

"You jerk! Scared I won't need you for homework anymore?" I asked in the same sarcastic tone, placing my knee on his desk to reach further. The bell rang and the students hastily made their way to our next class which was Chemistry. Hinata, Kageyama, and Yamaguchi left us since they were in another class. Kei and I were lost in our bantering, my objective being to steal the notebook out of his hands, and his to make sure that didn't happen. We heard the bell but neither of us bothered to snap out of it.

"I always knew you were short [Y/N] but not this short." Kei chuckled as he stood up, holding my notebook even higher in the air. He waved it from above us and I rolled my eyes, placing both my knees on his desk to steady myself as I reached up saying, "Not my fault you're just a lamp post." I retored, but he didn't waver and instead snickered at my sad attempt of an insult. 

I crossed my arms as I glared up at him, he stared back and continued laughing, I have and idea. I pursed my lips as I looked away and out the window, annoyed at his teasing. I furrowed my brows as his chuckles quiet down, my knees still on the desk, my eyes levelling with his lips. He slowly lowered down his raised arm and moved himself for my eyes to meet his, I averted my gaze and bit the inside of my cheek.

"Come on shortcake, I'm sorry." Kei said as he tried to call my attention, I continued to ignore him as I bit my lip to suppress my laughter. I motioned to get off the desk before swiftly shifting directions, pulling him by his collar as I leaned in to press a kiss against his lips. I closed my eyes and so did he, I reached up to grab the notebook from his hand as he was caught off guard, but I underestimated him. 

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, briskly spinning me around to fall into his arms, with me looking up at him. He bent his knee a little as he caught me, using his free hand to gently grip my chin, keeping my head in place. He leaned in, his lips grazing my ear as he whispered, "You didn't think it was going to be that easy now did you, shortcake?" He pulled away and I held my breath as his breath tickled my jawline, planting a quick, tender kiss on my lips. 

I felt my cheeks flush with heat, glowing with a tint of red. He carried me down the desk and set me on the floor, gently patting my head as he handed me my notebook. I carefully took the notebook as he gathered both our Chemistry books and stationary, I turned around as I set my notebook down on my desk. Kei snaked his arm around my waist with his free hand, I took the stationary from his other hand, leaving him to carry only our books. 

He teased me a little more as we made our way to the Chemistry lab. I opened the door, only to be greeted by an angry teacher. She looked straight at us, sending shivers down our spines before saying, "You're 10 minutes late! The both of you better stay and clean up the entire lab, now go and start on the experiment." She waved us off and Kei sighed, suppressing his laugh as I did the same. He unwrapped his arm around my waist and we made our way to our station.

Now that it was just the two of us alone again, our classmates leaving us to clean up their mess as punishment, a comfortable silence enveloped the lab as we moved about. Kei moved behind me as he cleaned the station behind me, our backs facing each other.

"Love you, Kei." I whispered softly, but loud enough for him to hear.

He stopped cleaning for a second and continued, I could hear a smile in his voice as he said, "Love you too, shortcake."