'I hear a symphony' || Tsukishima

'~ aaa another tsukishima one eheh, i might start doing songfics, starting with this one ~'

song ~ I hear a symphony by Cody Fry

Tsukishima made his way to the second gymnasium alongside his close friend Yamaguchi for volleyball practice. He had his headphones placed over his ears, listening to who knows what, but he seemed to be enjoying himself despite his unassuming expression. 

Him and Yamaguchi placed their belongings in the club room. Yamaguchi went on ahead to practice his jump float serves, whilst Tsukishima stayed behind, listening to a certain song he had on repeat, since it was still too early to practice anyway. 

I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along.

He turned his music off when he realised what time it was. Removing his headsets and set them down on the space beside his bag, he smiled to himself. Your face flashed in his mind as he thought of the lyrics. He slipped off his team jacket, and made his way to the court to start stretching.

He sat on the floor with his legs sprawled out in front of him, shaped like the letter V. He stretched his arms forward, his face almost kissing the floor. He was surprisingly flexible. The song lyrics from earlier echoed in his head, I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along. For him, he resonated with the lyrics. He thought about the song and a special someone, you, and the noise of his teammates silenced out as he got lost in thought.

Meanwhile, you ran towards the gymnasium, holding a box full of all kinds of dessert. As one of the managers of the volleyball team, you thought it was appropriate to reward them with a treat, especially a specific blonde who you purposely bought his favorite dessert for. You jumped into the room, your presence filled the room with sunlight as the team stared at you in awe.

"Tsukki!" You called out as you smiled brightly, the blonde snapped out of his thoughts and turned to look at you.

Now in its place is something new, I hear it when I look at you, were the words that crossed his mind when he looked at you.

You ran up to him with a big smile plastered on your face, holding up the box of dessert. He quickly looked away, flustered. He stood up and as he was turning around to face you again, you tripped, falling into his arms as he caught you.

With simple songs, I wanted more, perfection is so quick to bore.

He looked down at you, chuckling softly as he remembered how clumsy you were. He liked that about you. You weren't striving to be the little miss perfect everyone expected you to be, instead you went with the flow and continued smiling.

"My bad!" You giggled as you looked back up at him, straightening yourself before handing the box to Kiyoko. The boys began practicing and you stood by the sidelines, handing them their towels and bottles every break time. 

"Tsukki! Get your lazy bum over here." You pulled him by his arm, "Bend down." You demanded and he followed, amused at your bossiness. "Not my fault you're short, pipsqueak." He snickered when he saw you roll your eyes as you wiped the sweat from his forehead. He straightened himself, drinking from his bottle as he glanced down at you. Your smiling expression softened his gaze, making him lift his hand to your face.

He gently tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, smiling down at you as he quietly whispered, "You are my beautiful by far, our flaws are who we really are." He stared into your eyes in awe before bending down, placing a tender kiss on your forehead scar that made you feel insecure. His words and gesture warmed your heart, smiling as you giggled, taking his bottle before he walked back to the court.

You left the gymnasium for a moment without telling anyone. You had to quickly retrieve your letter you had for Tsukishima that you left in the classroom, you usually wrote him letters for him to read. Entering the classroom, you made your way to your desk which was in front of Tsukishima's. You smiled to yourself, reminiscing how he opened up to you about what happened with his brother in high school. You ran your hand along his desk, remembering how broken he was because of it, which turned him into a salty dinosaur, but you loved him nonetheless.

You made your way back to the gymnasium, the letter in your hand. You walked swiftly before you were stopped by someone grabbing your wrist, you looked up and it was Tsukishima. "Why'd you leave without saying anything?" He was out of breath, "I looked all over for you." He pulled you into a gentle embrace, with you gently rubbing his back as you smiled up at him, he sighed in relief.

"I had to pick up my letter for you! I took a lot longer than usual cause I remembered when.. you told me about Akiteru." You hesitated a little, but your smile didn't falter. He backed up and caressed your cheek, reminiscing of how vulnerable he was in front of you.

"You took my broken melody, and now, I hear a symphony." He quietly said before giving a brief explanation of how you pulled him out of the darkness, shedding light into his life whilst putting his broken self back together. 

You smiled sweetly, staring into his eyes with a loving gaze before pulling him down by his collar, placing a sweet kiss on his lips. He gave in and pulled you in closer, neither of you breaking the kiss.

Moments passed and you both walked back to the gymnasium together, hand in hand. Nishinoya and Tanaka yelled at him, scolding him about how he had the guts to lay a hand on you. Tsukishima just stared at them till Daichi hit them both, making them shut up and you, chuckle. Sugawara handed out the dessert to everyone, giving Tsukishima his favorite, strawberry shortcake. Hinata and Kageyama fought over a specific dessert and Daichi scolded them once more.

You gripped his hand as you laughed. You loved being with the team, and most of all, being with Tsukishima. He glanced down at you, his lips curling into a loving smile as he silently hummed.

"And now, I hear a symphony."