'Happy Birthday' pt. 3 || Kageyama

'~ hopefully the final part lmao, i hope you enjoy this one as well ~'

tw! abuse

"I-I'll be quitting as manager, this is my l-last day."

Luckily, only Kiyoko and Yachi heard me. I didn't want to announce it out loud and disturb their practice. I intended on leaving silently after but Kiyoko insisted Coach Ukai would announce it, just so the boys have some closure. I agreed and performed my responsibilities for the last time, feeling a little teary as I did so.

I haven't told anyone about the fact that my dad beat me last night, it's unnecessary information to them, I know it is. They cared for me, yes, but they all seem so happy, I wouldn't know how they'd react to me telling them about how miserable my home life was. I had spaced out, lost in thought, before I was pulled back into reality by none other than Tobio.

"You okay? You've been ignoring me the whole day.." He sounded a little glum, but his face said it all, he was dejected. I felt guilty, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him. "Mhm, fine." I said dryly, facing my back to him as I walked away. He grabbed my arm and I winced in pain, he grabbed just where the bruise was, making the pain all the more worse. He immediately pulled back, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't grab you all that hard though..you never flinched when I touch you." He said in a low voice, a little frustration in his voice as he clenched his fist. Before I could say anything, he walked away from me, shaking his head.

I didn't know why but the emptiness I felt when he left was unbearable. Despite the gym filled with all kinds of noises, they silenced out the moment Tobio faced his back to me, the aching hurt more than the beatings I got last night.. 

I shrugged it off and continued on with folding towels, re-filling water bottles, and keeping track of the scoring. With every second that passed, my muscles ached even more. I took a seat and panted, feeling suffocated and sweaty in my sweater and mask. I was so tempted to take them off but I wouldn't risk it, I couldn't. 

About 2 hours passed and Coach Ukai gathered the team in a circle around him with me, Yachi, and Kiyoko standing at his side. I looked down, avoiding their gazes.

"Everyone..I'm afraid so, but starting today, [Y/N] will no longer be our manager." Kiyoko said with deep remorse, the boys exchanged looks. They were all talking amongst themselves, asking each other what could be the reason. I slowly looked up and were met with Tobio's desolated expression. My stomach dropped, why did he have to look at me like that? I averted my gaze, bowing towards the team, "Thank you for taking care of me until now!" I stood back up and saw their sad faces. Yachi hugged me and I gently patted her head as I hugged her back, I didn't want to leave but this was for the best.

Suddenly, I snapped back to reality, shit. "Kiyoko, what time is it?" I cursorily asked her, my demeanour became frantic as my arms trembled. "7:45pm." She looked up at the wall clock then back at me. I panicked, bowing one last time and rushing out the door, running speedily to the direction of my home. Father's gonna give me another beating, shit, I'm late again. My eyes welled with tears and I wiped them with the sleeve of my sweater, running back home.

Kageyama's POV

She's leaving the club? She didn't even tell me..