'Happy Birthday' pt. 4 || Kageyama

'~ yall i promise this is the last part lmao. i normally write with an idea and just add things as i write. i hope you enjoy! ~'

I awoke to the sound of my heartbeat echoing from the monitor, engulfing the room. As I slowly opened my eyes, my blurry vision focused, recognising the figures surrounding around my bed. It was the volleyball team.

I heard shoes shuffling around the room as they moved closer to me, bordering the edged of the bed, with my brother sitting beside me. "Guys she's awake!" I recognised it to be Yamaguchi's voice, "Uwahhh! [Y/N]!" I acknowledged the shorter, blonde haired girl cry out as she held on to Yamaguchi. "Shh guys she just woke up! Don't give her another reason to fall back asleep." Daichi scolded, the corners of my mouth twitched as they creased into a small, gentle smile.

They sighed in relief as they stared down at me, I found comfort in their familiar scents just as they did with my smile. I tried to sit up but Luis boinked my head, warning me that I'd get more than just a boink if even tried to sit up. I exhaled as I shifted positions, allowing them space to sit at my feet.

"Why are you guys here..? Shouldn't you be at school?" I spoke weakly, but I was ready to scold them for skipping school. "Boke..[Y/N] boke!" I was stunned at the obvious worry in the voice that had spoken, Tobio? "Why didn't you tell us!? We care about you for goodness sake!" The voice spoke louder as it approached me. The boys gave way across, revealing Kageyama Tobio. His eyes were red and swollen, his face was a round, puffy mess. Was he crying? Tsukishima bit back a chuckle as he stared at him, earning a warning glare that made him scoff.

I stared at Tobio, dazed as he looked back at me with concern filled eyes. Those blue eyes of his that I always loved, projected a mix of emotions. "Um everyone, let's get her status report from the doctor shall we? Sugawara motioned everyone, including Luis to leave the room, giving Tobio and I time to talk. Once everyone left, he lowered his gaze and slowly made his way to my side, hiding his hands behind him. He sat on the stool by my bed before breaking into tears as he reached for my hand, which I let him freely take.

"You're an even bigger idiot than Hinata is, you know that? I thought we told each other everything..I thought we had no secrets! I opened up to you about something so shameful of me to do..how could you not talk to me about something that clearly wasn't your fault?!" Although raising his voice, it was clear he wasn't upset with me. He was upset with my father, my circumstances

He continued after catching his breath, tightening his hold on my limp hand, "We all care about you, [Y/N]! Much more than that father of yours ever did! I always thought of the team as my family, didn't you think that as well?" His voice cracked, desperate for answers to his questions. He didn't understand why I couldn't just be honest with him. He didn't understand if it was because he wasn't worth the time, because he seemed like he wouldn't care, he needed an answer.

I brought my other hand to hold his hand in mine, soothing his bruised knuckles as I sniffled. I never thought this feeling of security, of validity, would feel so warm. It sent shivers down my spine as I was new to this feeling, I embraced every effect of the tingly sensation. I lifted his hand to my face as I cried into it, Tobio tensed up as he jerked forward, circling his arms around me as he held me. 

We stayed that way for a few minutes, crying as we held onto each other for dear life. Sharing a warmth only the both of us could give each other, it was clear there was something there, that the spark the both of us had given each other, only matured into something we'd call 'love'. I pulled away at the sudden realisation.