'~ Just listen ~'

heya~ tw: mentions of mental illnesses, coping, and PTSD episodes. please be careful :)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

It was a normal day for [L/N] [F/N]. 

With earphones plugged in your ears, the normal windy weather that enveloped all of Miyagi, today felt like any other day.

Just as it's always been, you stepped out of the door with your playlist put on shuffle, hoping to drown out the noises and blinding rays of the morning sun. As you closed the door to your home, you stopped and your eyes locked on a tall, blond haired male who was walking opposite the direction of his home. His face wore a blank expression and his uniform was in its usual well-kept condition, which perfectly hugged his figure. You both momentarily made eye contact, before you lowered your head and continued walking, while he simply slipped on his headphones, putting his playlist on shuffle.

You both walked silently, minding your own business from opposite sides of the street. This boy was Tsukishima Kei, the middle blocker from your school's boy's volleyball team and one of your classmates. Ever since two months ago, when your first year of high school begun, you unconsciously repeated the same morning routine with this megane, which was leaving the house at the same time and walking on opposite sides of the road on the way to school.

That doesn't mean you've spoken or became friends though. As for you, your friends Yachi Hitoka and a childhood friend, Kiyoko Shimizu were enough. As for him, Yamaguchi Tadashi and the boy's team were enough for him as well. At first, you didn't know why he refused to make friends since he seemed like the cool type to be surrounded by friends, but you later found it was because of his snarky attitude.

You didn't mind it though, personally, you'd love to invite him to a playful banter but you'd rather help yourself and what's going on with you first, before letting anyone else in.

You glanced at the blond from the corner of your eye as your music played from your earphones. You were a few minutes away from when Yamaguchi would normally join Tsukishima on the way to school, for some reason, the pair walking together had been unconsciously part of your unplanned routine which was shared with the blond. Yamaguchi always seemed so nice, so sweet. Often, he'd wave at you from across the street, even inviting you to walk with them but you'd always politely decline. 

You had a reason to though, you were just afraid. 

You had a few reasons as to why you were fearful and anxious about it, all of which are hard to understand if the subject in question was closed-minded.

You had anxiety, which stemmed from a past experience that honestly traumatised you, leaving you feeling distressed whenever the topic of making new friends or simply talking with unfamiliar people was brought up. 

You closed your eyes, allowing the music to swallow you right up as you recalled wounding memories which took place a year ago.

"Hey, that's her isn't it?" One girl whispered to another.

"The bitch? Haha, honestly, I can see why they'd all give in. She's cute." Another whispered, a little too loudly. You ended up glancing over at her with uneasy eyes at her remark as the thought, 'it wasn't true though.' crossed your mind.