'Just the way you are' || Asahi

'~ pls i see him as this soft giant (which he is) and this song is just so pure, i thought it'd fit him so well ~'

[his profession changes just for le sake of the fanfic!]

song ~ Just the way you are by Bruno Mars

Asahi Azumane, the famous and well-known lead vocalist of his group, was your boyfriend.

You both were high school sweethearts, and despite having dated each other for many years, the romance never died. He was still as sweet and calm as when you first started dating, and you were still as understanding and patient.

Ever since you supported him through his undeniably painful moments like when he gave up on the volleyball team, he was certain he'd give you the world no matter what. First years, Hinata and Kageyama, spoke to him and convinced him, but it was you who motivated and inspired him to push through and reach his full potential.

Throughout college, he'd been preparing along with his closest friends, Daichi and Sugawara, for their debut as a pop group. With Daichi playing the drums, Sugawara with the bass, and Asahi, the lead vocalist.

You were immensely proud of him. Whenever you heard his performances, you were always taken back to those moments he'd hum when he was doing school work, or when he'd sing you to sleep when you weren't feeling so good. Along with supporting him throughout his volleyball training days, you'd support him with his singing dream as well.

On one specific performance, Asahi had told you backstage that he wrote the song himself, and wrote it with you in mind. You asked which song it was and which album it was from, but he said it was an unreleased song, the crowd there that day being the first and only people to hear it. You embraced him tightly before you ran off to watch from the stands, supporting him from the audience.

The stadium lights turned on, the spotlight pointing at the three boys on stage as they prepared. The fans went wild when Daichi and Sugawara began playing their instruments, majority of it being fangirls. You cheered just as loudly when Daichi and Sugawara looked at you, giving them a thumbs up. They chuckled and focused, and Asahi began singing.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining.

Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying.

She's so beautiful, and I tell her everyday."

The fangirls screamed louder, their hearts clearly beating at the lyrics. You stared at Asahi with admiration in your eyes, feeling proud that he'd come so far in his career, and you being one of his inspirations.

"Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me.

And it's so it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see.

But everytime she asks me 'Do I look okay?' 

I say,"

He took a deep breath after, preparing for the chorus as Daichi was getting into it, almost overpowering Sugawara's bass playing. They seemed to be having fun, fighting with instruments to be louder than the other. They fazed and glanced at the audience, Sugawara approached the edge of the stage and winked at the fangirls that screamed out his name, they felt their knees begin to shake from excitement.